Hi I'm trained CSS operator and sometimes called onto the machines to help with sick etc.
I've been told I'm not entitled to TPM as it's only paid for duty not overtime can anyone clarify this please thanks
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Tpm allowance for css operators
-
Creditshampoo
- Posts: 1189
- Joined: 06 Oct 2014, 19:48
- Gender: Male
-
pinstripe
- Posts: 2474
- Joined: 25 May 2007, 16:42
- Gender: Male
- Location: 2 left turns from reality
Tpm allowance for css operators
Hi, I'm p/t CSS operator, I ony get the TPM allowance and night shift allowance (pro-rata) on duty times, not on overtime.
Our reserves get these allowances only if they do a shift or shifts as duty.
Our reserves get these allowances only if they do a shift or shifts as duty.
-
ThatsNotPlumb
- Posts: 165
- Joined: 08 Feb 2012, 22:33
- Gender: Male
Tpm allowance for css operators
I do CSS on OT now & again myself & what you've been told is accurate. You only get TPM if you are covering the sick/leave as your actual duty, not on OT.
I know TPM includes clearing jams, changing belts etc, but pretty much I view TPM as the cleaning of the machine. So unless they're paying me the TPM, at the end of the shift I sweep for any loose mail & don't clean it. When I do cover it & it's being viewed as part of my contracted hours, I clean it because I'll get the TPM payment. I'm not fussed either way, hateful things to clean with all the dust & this time of year glitter, torn Christmas card envelopes etc, if they want to save some pennies by not paying out the TPM it's fine by me because I don't want to clean them anyway.
I know TPM includes clearing jams, changing belts etc, but pretty much I view TPM as the cleaning of the machine. So unless they're paying me the TPM, at the end of the shift I sweep for any loose mail & don't clean it. When I do cover it & it's being viewed as part of my contracted hours, I clean it because I'll get the TPM payment. I'm not fussed either way, hateful things to clean with all the dust & this time of year glitter, torn Christmas card envelopes etc, if they want to save some pennies by not paying out the TPM it's fine by me because I don't want to clean them anyway.