I've currently just started my paternity leave (2 weeks) and everything is fine but my partner has had a c section and is going to need extra help, so i'm looking to get an extra week or two off, it doesn't matter if i get paid for it or not, does anyone know where i stand on this? i will be contacting my manager tomorrow but thought id ask on here first.
thank you
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
extra paternity leave?
-
kello22
- Posts: 60
- Joined: 25 Jun 2009, 20:04
- Gender: Male
- Location: scotland
extra paternity leave?
Congrulations on your baby.Rage24 wrote:I've currently just started my paternity leave (2 weeks) and everything is fine but my partner has had a c section and is going to need extra help, so i'm looking to get an extra week or two off, it doesn't matter if i get paid for it or not, does anyone know where i stand on this? i will be contacting my manager tomorrow but thought id ask on here first.
thank you
My wife had our little boy in July and she went through similar problems, I just got in touch with my doctor and explained everything that had happened, I got signed off with family related stress. The doctor was very helpful and I was off for a extra four weeks on top of the two. My boss is a tube and tried to get me back but having a newborn and an unwell mother is a big ask for yourself to look after. Get to the doctors and take time off to look after your family, they need you more than ever right now.