ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Stage 1 attendance review
-
Zicomurphy
- Posts: 578
- Joined: 24 Oct 2014, 06:40
- Gender: Male
Stage 1 attendance review
If a stage one warning is issued does the 6 months start from the date of the interview or the date of the last day of the absence that triggered the stage one ? Had time sick in October which they claim triggered a stage one but the original interview was cancelled and they only got around to mentioning it again this morning.
-
rubberbond
- Posts: 1497
- Joined: 24 Aug 2014, 16:03
- Gender: Male
Stage 1 attendance review
6 months? I thought it was 12Zicomurphy wrote:If a stage one warning is issued does the 6 months start from the date of the interview or the date of the last day of the absence that triggered the stage one ? Had time sick in October which they claim triggered a stage one but the original interview was cancelled and they only got around to mentioning it again this morning.
-
Zicomurphy
- Posts: 578
- Joined: 24 Oct 2014, 06:40
- Gender: Male
Stage 1 attendance review
Takes 6 months to come off a stage 1 if you meet the standards. Sick record over the previous 12 months is what triggers a stage one in the first place.rubberbond wrote:6 months? I thought it was 12Zicomurphy wrote:If a stage one warning is issued does the 6 months start from the date of the interview or the date of the last day of the absence that triggered the stage one ? Had time sick in October which they claim triggered a stage one but the original interview was cancelled and they only got around to mentioning it again this morning.
-
peshwaarinaan
- Posts: 381
- Joined: 29 May 2015, 11:35
- Gender: Female
Stage 1 attendance review
It's from the date of your last sickness, not the date of the interview.
If you have 2 absences or 10 days in the next 6 months it prompts a Stage 2 review. (so you'd be ok with one instance of 9 days!)
I know coz I'm on a Stage 1!
If you have 2 absences or 10 days in the next 6 months it prompts a Stage 2 review. (so you'd be ok with one instance of 9 days!)
I know coz I'm on a Stage 1!
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72733
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Stage 1 attendance review
The bosses WILL try to start the 6 months from the interview. A good rep will argue its unfair and punitive and hopefully get it backdated to at least the first scheduled meeting if not the last date of sickness.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
rehabron
- Posts: 1372
- Joined: 01 Jul 2012, 18:43
- Gender: Male
Stage 1 attendance review
Unfortunately the stage 1 warning commences from the date of your letter confirming your stage 1 which has always been my personal bone of contention where there are numerous days between the last date of absence and the formal stage 1 prompt. This to me is stealing the days you are in fact attending for work and the attendance procedure need to be reviewed to plug this loophole.Zicomurphy wrote:If a stage one warning is issued does the 6 months start from the date of the interview or the date of the last day of the absence that triggered the stage one ? Had time sick in October which they claim triggered a stage one but the original interview was cancelled and they only got around to mentioning it again this morning.
I am assuming that your sick time in October exceeded 13 days or 4 absences triggering the stage 1 and also at your original interview you were given a copy of your absence record that resulted in the stage 1.
-
Zicomurphy
- Posts: 578
- Joined: 24 Oct 2014, 06:40
- Gender: Male
Stage 1 attendance review
Thanks for the replies. They haven't mentioned it again since Tuesday. Yeah a copy of my sick record was attached and I believe it's wrong. Last day of last absence was a Monday and I informed then I was fit to return but was my rest day on Tuesday so come back on the Wednesday but they counted the Tuesday as still being sick and that was the 14th day triggering the stage.