ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
sickness
-
White Reflection
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 4
- Joined: 03 Oct 2014, 10:21
- Gender: Female
sickness
Have you spoken to your doctor to say you can return to work? If so, has he said you're restricted by in anything? They can put reduced hours in a sick note for you and then they can work around it with info they have received from you. If you've been off longer than 2 weeks you could probably ask for OH Assist
-
Theghost
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 417
- Joined: 17 Mar 2009, 16:44
- Gender: Male
sickness
I was off work sick and ready to return but awaiting an operation,On my return i would have been issued a stage 2,Then the operation 6 weeks later which i would have had to go off sick again for and would have put me on a stage 3 and probably dismissal.sjnb6 wrote:how do you sort out any return to work if your off sick and awaiting an operation. can you do reduced hours indefinitely until op has been arranged.
I told them i would return if i was not issued a stage 2,Then happily accept a stage 2 upon my return from operation.
They refused to do it and tried to push me back into work,Even saying that when i return from my operation it would look better on me in the stage 3 that i returned to work,They must think im mad,I knew i would be sacked.
So i ended up staying off for another 6 weeks when i could have returned to work,I returned after the operation and recieved the stage 2.
Common sense does not come into play at times,Well most of the time actually.
-
Stubs
- Posts: 11
- Joined: 08 Jun 2016, 15:08
- Gender: Male
sickness
That's just insanity...the crazy world of RM :/Theghost wrote:I was off work sick and ready to return but awaiting an operation,On my return i would have been issued a stage 2,Then the operation 6 weeks later which i would have had to go off sick again for and would have put me on a stage 3 and probably dismissal.sjnb6 wrote:how do you sort out any return to work if your off sick and awaiting an operation. can you do reduced hours indefinitely until op has been arranged.
I told them i would return if i was not issued a stage 2,Then happily accept a stage 2 upon my return from operation.
They refused to do it and tried to push me back into work,Even saying that when i return from my operation it would look better on me in the stage 3 that i returned to work,They must think im mad,I knew i would be sacked.
So i ended up staying off for another 6 weeks when i could have returned to work,I returned after the operation and recieved the stage 2.
Common sense does not come into play at times,Well most of the time actually.