ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

2 tracks but same number (Doubles)

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
wazz
Posts: 59
Joined: 29 Dec 2011, 19:35
Gender: Male

2 tracks but same number (Doubles)

Post by wazz »

Few days ago. I had 2 track packets but both track packets had the same tracking number. Both track packets were for the same house.

I didn't find out until I scanned the tracks. I was thinking that's weird. This is the first time this happened.

I come back from delivery in office and I tell manager. He said did you have doubles. He then said loads people had doubles.
greengiant
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1268
Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
Gender: Male

2 tracks but same number (Doubles)

Post by greengiant »

I've had that a couple of times.

As well as a recorded package with two different bar codes... :hmmmm
Spedley
Posts: 1209
Joined: 16 Jul 2007, 17:32
Location: Warwickshire

2 tracks but same number (Doubles)

Post by Spedley »

Never seen it on tracked but have seen it with 2D barcodes. A bit of ebay fraud I suspect.
datasaint
Posts: 1541
Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 17:19
Gender: Male

2 tracks but same number (Doubles)

Post by datasaint »

I've encountered it once before, probably unintended error by the sender, but it could be a revenue protection issue.
Mr Rush
Posts: 3341
Joined: 05 Aug 2011, 14:27
Gender: Male

2 tracks but same number (Doubles)

Post by Mr Rush »

Had the exact same a few days ago too - momentarily confused me on the doorstep. Meant to inform a manager after delivery but forgot; and since no-one raised it with me since, I presume no-one cares. :cuppa
The machine stops.