ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Change in hours

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Baz1978
Posts: 11
Joined: 08 Apr 2009, 23:48
Gender: Male

Change in hours

Post by Baz1978 »

I have just found out that my usual hours of 8am-2pm have now changed for xmas to 2pm-8pm for me to work in the PBO. I am a reserve which I prefer, but also get no notification of what my day off is the following week until the prior saturday is this right too?
Anyway can they alter my hours like this or am I within my rights to tell them where to go?
superports
Posts: 171
Joined: 05 Nov 2009, 09:15
Gender: Male

Change in hours

Post by superports »

Don't they have to give 4 weeks notice to change your hours?
GT85
Posts: 365
Joined: 26 Nov 2013, 20:02
Gender: Male
Location: ASDO

Change in hours

Post by GT85 »

Rumor of this happening at our place as no one volunteered for late packet duties but I thought you had to have notice of this kind of thing but they will probably roll out the "Operational needs" line.
We're all here because we're not all there
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72733
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Change in hours

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... 31#p746631" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Joint RM/CWU Resourcing Scoping Exercise - Christmas Operation 2016 Only mentions volunteers.

http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... 89#p745889" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
dingo wrote:The National Joint Scoping communication between Gary Burgess for Royal Mail and Mark Baulch for the CWU are only asking for volunteers. The Union does not support compulsion.

The reason why some people have volunteered is that it is based on a Monday to Friday duty for 4 weeks with and providing your scheduled to finished at 22:00 you receive a shift allowance of £44.31 per week.

However if you do not want to work late contact your area rep as it should not be done by compulsion.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.