ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Christmas working hours
-
Dayman!
- Posts: 51
- Joined: 07 Nov 2016, 19:06
- Gender: Male
Christmas working hours
Do any other offices get asked to fill in a form this time of year saying, they will/won't complete their duty and will/won't work their day off, over the festive period and sign agreeing to such?
-
Robertdeniro
- Posts: 19
- Joined: 07 Mar 2016, 20:47
- Gender: Male
Christmas working hours
Yes we do
-
comeracing
- Posts: 806
- Joined: 28 Nov 2010, 20:58
- Gender: Male
Christmas working hours
our dom comes round with clipboard,asks if you want to sort early,work day off,work in callers office,do extra parcels,and are you able to complete duty,my reply to that was that I wanted to back to office 4pm latest,i don't like the dark a lot of bogey men out there. 
-
Creditshampoo
- Posts: 1189
- Joined: 06 Oct 2014, 19:48
- Gender: Male
Christmas working hours
Yea don't sign it otherwise they'll use it against you when you want to cut off
-
sussexlad
- Posts: 161
- Joined: 28 Oct 2013, 21:52
- Gender: Male
Christmas working hours
Makes me laugh when they tell people that overtime will be paid at SA rate over Xmas as a sweetener. These days the difference between SA and overtime rate is so small.
-
UnhappyGremlin
- Posts: 2685
- Joined: 18 May 2012, 20:49
- Gender: Male
- Location: Hiding
Christmas working hours
Don't sign anything.
If you're willing to do OT, tell them you will advise on a daily basis whether or not you want to.
If you're willing to do OT, tell them you will advise on a daily basis whether or not you want to.
Sometimes, I wish I wasn't a Rep.
-
Dayman!
- Posts: 51
- Joined: 07 Nov 2016, 19:06
- Gender: Male
Christmas working hours
Never filled it in last year and don't intend to this. Was just curious if it was a nationwide thing.
-
A2B
- Posts: 2028
- Joined: 25 Feb 2009, 19:34
- Gender: Male
Christmas working hours
What advantage is there for the delivery staff to signing? 
-
wannabeek
- Posts: 996
- Joined: 27 Apr 2011, 00:49
- Gender: Male
Christmas working hours
They do a similar thing here. I've never agreed to any overtime days in advance and especially would never commit to completing a duty no matter what - what if it failed the day before and would take you a 13hr day to complete? No way - I can see no benefit for any postie to sign that, other than to be seen by management as a patsy.
-
Chewster
- Posts: 527
- Joined: 15 Jan 2016, 12:34
- Gender: Male
Christmas working hours
Most in my office sign it. Most of us are happy with loads of overtime. In fact in my almost two years here, I've only seen someone cut off three times!
And Wannabeek, I've been in that situation before. Never over the actual christmas period, but after new year. A lot of people fell mysteriously ill in the few days between xmas and new year, so after new year I found myself on a duty that hadn't been done since Christmas Eve!
And Wannabeek, I've been in that situation before. Never over the actual christmas period, but after new year. A lot of people fell mysteriously ill in the few days between xmas and new year, so after new year I found myself on a duty that hadn't been done since Christmas Eve!
-
Surreypostie
- Posts: 999
- Joined: 04 Aug 2013, 21:05
- Gender: Male
Christmas working hours
We don't get that, good idea though, you can say no now and they know, could save you a lot of grief on the day.
-
nickbsmooth
- Posts: 279
- Joined: 25 Jan 2013, 14:19
- Gender: Male
- Location: South East
Christmas working hours
I look forward to not signing anything unless it's to sign a document stating that I'm under no pressure to work beyond my statutory hours :)