ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Reserve hours

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Calum9525
Posts: 3
Joined: 03 Nov 2016, 13:49
Gender: Male

Reserve hours

Post by Calum9525 »

Hi,I'm currently a part time reserve with a 25 hour contract.for the last 5 months since employ,net I've been coming in at 7am and working through until 2pm ish.due to circumstance changes I would now like to work my contracted hours and not do the early start.i was told my working hours are 9-2 when I started.am I entitled to do this?thankU
terry2972
Posts: 482
Joined: 17 Jan 2014, 15:26
Gender: Male

Reserve hours

Post by terry2972 »

Yes you can, have they been paying you overtime?
Calum9525
Posts: 3
Joined: 03 Nov 2016, 13:49
Gender: Male

Reserve hours

Post by Calum9525 »

Yes they have,but it's been very hot and miss.ive been underpaid on so many occasions now I've lost track of it all.
salomon2
Posts: 103
Joined: 07 Jan 2016, 10:27
Gender: Female

Reserve hours

Post by salomon2 »

You can work your 5 hours well 4.5 plus a break but they can tell you start and your finish times due to operational needs. The new contracts only state hours not times and all adverts seem to be standard saying 25 hours 9-2 etc but in reality the contracts says something like to be flexible as required. You can ask,maybe someone else wants the opportunity to start early to prep and get the ot.
salomon2
Posts: 103
Joined: 07 Jan 2016, 10:27
Gender: Female

Reserve hours

Post by salomon2 »

Also make sure you sign for your ot everyday to get paid don't expect the manager to do it and pay you if you haven't filled in the pressure sheet.