ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Contract hours

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
stephen.cal87
Posts: 72
Joined: 19 May 2016, 12:59
Gender: Male

Contract hours

Post by stephen.cal87 »

If my contract says 30 hours over 6 days with one day off each week. That works out 6 hours per day for 5 days. Can I be made work 3 hours per day for 3 days then work 2 long days ie Friday & Saturday with a 6.30pm finish on Saturday to make up the hours? Also I've lost the print copy of my employment contract, where can I get a copy? HR services?
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72733
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Contract hours

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

In law and with appropriate notice - yes they can as our contracts states hours per week, not actual timings.

Though I would try and fight it anyway, get the Union on side, call Union Line for advice (if you are a CWU member)


------------------------------------------- Slightly off topic.

Royal Mail and any employer can try to change an employment contract (with agreement) as long as they follow the rules.

They can reduce your hours, or increase them, they can change the times of attendance etc, as long as the changes are lawful. It all depends whether you think the changes are acceptable or not and what actions you are willing to take, thats what matters.

If you are unhappy then read through this guide, it might help https://worksmart.org.uk/work-rights/pa ... employment" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
A change to the contract must not leave an employee unable to perform the contract
seems like a useful snippet.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.