ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Transfer from Parcelforce to RM

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
smok3y666
Posts: 753
Joined: 21 Dec 2008, 10:47
Gender: Male

Transfer from Parcelforce to RM

Post by smok3y666 »

Some jobs have become available at my local RM DO which I have applied for but as I am already working for Parcelforce is there a way to transfer within the company? I've spoken to my manager at Parcelforce who says I have to apply online as far as she knows. I missed the boat last time and I would really like to move over as I'm currently working unsociable hours and don't get to see my family much in the week as I work 3-11pm.

Hope someone replies pretty quick as I completed the online tests last night so I guess I'm just waiting to see if I get an interview? Wondering if it's best to go and try to speak the DO manager?
wacko74
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1572
Joined: 04 Apr 2009, 20:35
Gender: Male

Transfer from Parcelforce to RM

Post by wacko74 »

I would do both... do the full online application process and go in person to speak to the dom.

Knowing how shambolic and inefficient RM HR is I'd cover all my bases!
stephen.cal87
Posts: 72
Joined: 19 May 2016, 12:59
Gender: Male

Transfer from Parcelforce to RM

Post by stephen.cal87 »

Any transfer now has to be applied for online as & when a job becomes available in said office. Far as I know you even have to sit an interview. It would help if you already know the DOM in the office you want to move to.
smok3y666
Posts: 753
Joined: 21 Dec 2008, 10:47
Gender: Male

Transfer from Parcelforce to RM

Post by smok3y666 »

Okay I finally found out. I have spoke to the DOM who said he was going try find something out for me and took my details. I've completed a normal online application and I finally figured out how to apply through the MyRM thing. I've also completed the online tests for the normal application. Can't believe my manager has worked for this company for 20 plus and has no idea how peole can transfer over into another position.

Thanks for the help.
Bahia Feliz
Posts: 1169
Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 21:04
Gender: Male

Transfer from Parcelforce to RM

Post by Bahia Feliz »

smok3y666 wrote:Okay I finally found out. I have spoke to the DOM who said he was going try find something out for me and took my details. I've completed a normal online application and I finally figured out how to apply through the MyRM thing. I've also completed the online tests for the normal application. Can't believe my manager has worked for this company for 20 plus and has no idea how peole can transfer over into another position.

Thanks for the help.
He may not want to lose you this side of Xmas mate!!