ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Cancelling 'charitable deductions'

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
dazer0070
Posts: 120
Joined: 02 Feb 2014, 18:13
Gender: Male

Cancelling 'charitable deductions'

Post by dazer0070 »

I have a weekly chariatable deduction of £1.30 which I want to cancel. I've spoke to HR but have been told to speak to 'charities Trust' to cancel!
Does this sound right, why can't HR just stop the deduction!? It's voluntary and it's not like I'm in a contract with them.
Any views
NWpostie
Posts: 3620
Joined: 04 Aug 2007, 17:32
Gender: Male
Location: Sector 001 Borg Collective, 6 o f 9

Cancelling 'charitable deductions'

Post by NWpostie »

You can send a letter to stop payment from your wages, there is a form you can fill in. I remember needing on e to cancel my sport and social membership when I moved office, your rep should help you with that.

Sounds like HR couldn't be bothered doing the work.
Six of Nine loves Seven of Nine, together in Electric Dreams.
Listonosz
Posts: 49
Joined: 11 Feb 2009, 20:21
Gender: Male

Cancelling 'charitable deductions'

Post by Listonosz »

When cancelling a charitable deduction I just made a phone call to payroll (the number should be on the wage slip), they cancelled it for me over the phone. Yes sounds like HR are being lazy.