ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Waiting on a vacancy to become available

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Kevinc1980ka
Posts: 1
Joined: 19 Oct 2016, 19:22
Gender: Male

Waiting on a vacancy to become available

Post by Kevinc1980ka »

Hi, Me and my family have been waiting to move house for some time. A chance has came up to possibly move about 200 miles from my delivery office. I would need to wait on a vancancy coming up which could take some time and i would have to move within the next 8 - 10 weeks (approx), could anyone advise me on whats the best possible way to approach this. I have heard about the royal mail career break, does anyone know anything about this or used it? any info would be greatly appreciated
postmanpleb
Posts: 34
Joined: 22 Sep 2016, 18:59
Gender: Male

Waiting on a vacancy to become available

Post by postmanpleb »

Hi kevin, our employers don't seem to makes things easy when its comes to moving office. I moved 8 years ago 40 miles away from my delivery office. I put in for a transfer to a local office but have never got anywhere. Other blokes have managed to move from our office by going in person to the place they want to work at talking to management there. I have been to my local offices but they only have vacancies for part time. I am on a 39 hour a week contract & so just put up with a long drive to & from work.Good luck hope things work out.