ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Work place coach
-
mjt120
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 53
- Joined: 26 Oct 2015, 18:49
- Gender: Male
Work place coach
Hi all, I'm after some info please can any one tell me what the responsibility of a work place coach is, the reason I'm asking is I have a new starter to train on a round in a few weeks, I thought the work place coaches should do this, I don't mind training them but I understand they get a weekly payment for training and as I don't I thought they should be doing this and not me. Thanks.
-
Pathfinder
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 208
- Joined: 17 Aug 2015, 13:50
- Gender: Male
Work place coach
Can't say I've seen ours ever actually train anyone to be honest, waste of money..
-
zipmeister
- Posts: 136
- Joined: 04 Mar 2010, 17:37
- Gender: Male
Work place coach
This is taken from the 2014 Work place coach agreement.
3.4 On the Job Training
“On the job” training will take place during Days 2–4 at the employee’s workplace and will be led by the Workplace Coach. The approach is activity based, supported by coaching lessons and will progress at a pace that is in line with the individuals needs therefore it may continue into week 2. The 3 days are intended to build up job specific core skills by demonstration and through shadowing the Coach (or when unavailable by another experienced member of staff who would be eligible for the non-school postal training allowance in line with normal rules) on the delivery that the New Entrant will be due to perform.
3.4 On the Job Training
“On the job” training will take place during Days 2–4 at the employee’s workplace and will be led by the Workplace Coach. The approach is activity based, supported by coaching lessons and will progress at a pace that is in line with the individuals needs therefore it may continue into week 2. The 3 days are intended to build up job specific core skills by demonstration and through shadowing the Coach (or when unavailable by another experienced member of staff who would be eligible for the non-school postal training allowance in line with normal rules) on the delivery that the New Entrant will be due to perform.
-
mjt120
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 53
- Joined: 26 Oct 2015, 18:49
- Gender: Male
Work place coach
Thanks for that very useful to know.
-
Stunl3y
- Posts: 73
- Joined: 05 Jun 2011, 11:57
- Gender: Male
Work place coach
We have two in our office , you want to know what they do ? ...... nothing
-
Burgh
- Posts: 22
- Joined: 09 Jul 2013, 13:41
- Gender: Male
Work place coach
All of our coaches are the people who do all the overtime in the office or managers friends.and yeah they do F all..
-
mazungu
- Posts: 23
- Joined: 17 Dec 2014, 21:54
- Gender: Male
Work place coach
Our coach is a total joke makes mistake after mistake does nothing for his extra money PS who coaches the coach