Hi, I just wanted to know the policy for sick pay for a long term employee who has had a 20 month career break and recently returned to the business (a few months back). Would they be entitled for any sick pay during their first 12 months back after the career break? On the Royal Mail 'Policies at-a-glance' webpage it states the following 'No sick pay will be paid when an employee has been absent for a total of 12 months (with or without pay), in any period of four years'.
I'm not sure if that means I would receive no pay for any sick days off until I had been back for 12 months. Can anyone clear this up for me? It would be much appreciated.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!