Not had any in our office for nearly 2 months now. People crawling round floors trying to find them. I understand cuts for unnecessary spending but this takes the biscuit.
It's a basic tool for the job we aren't getting. Is this a national thing at the minute?
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Elastic bands
-
enskied
- Posts: 1877
- Joined: 16 Aug 2013, 17:14
- Gender: Male
Elastic bands
Same here. We were given a tray of dark brown perished ones that were dryer than pasta the other day, even had old red ones in there. Puts 20 mins on the duty looking for decent ones. Then once the bags are loaded you can hear them snapping in the back of the van like rice crispys.
-
datasaint
- Posts: 1541
- Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 17:19
- Gender: Male
Elastic bands
Bring in twine. When the DOM asks why you're out late explain you were literally tying up.
-
doorstepped
- Posts: 1063
- Joined: 10 Oct 2011, 23:17
- Gender: Male
- Location: Somewhere west of London
Elastic bands
I have never had any problems getting Bands.
I work in the locker and have both order forms and order what I need when I need it.
our current stock is 8 boxes of small bands and 5 boxes of large ( all ready for christmas )
I think your dom is just being a knob and trying to make himself a bigger bonus for this financial year.
you can't do the job without the tools of the trade.
I work in the locker and have both order forms and order what I need when I need it.
our current stock is 8 boxes of small bands and 5 boxes of large ( all ready for christmas )
I think your dom is just being a knob and trying to make himself a bigger bonus for this financial year.
you can't do the job without the tools of the trade.
-
wannabeek
- Posts: 996
- Joined: 27 Apr 2011, 00:49
- Gender: Male
Elastic bands
We used to have a perstop full of new bands in our section. It is now a perstop full of office sweepings - 90% old bands and 10% random sweet wrappers and box labels. Totally gross.
Been that way for a couple of weeks now. Thankfully it's rural delivery mostly so I can often just put mail straight into boxes without banding it at all. I managed with just 12 yesterday, tho it was a very light day.
Been that way for a couple of weeks now. Thankfully it's rural delivery mostly so I can often just put mail straight into boxes without banding it at all. I managed with just 12 yesterday, tho it was a very light day.
-
Harv12
- Posts: 158
- Joined: 12 Nov 2013, 18:25
- Gender: Male
Elastic bands
the small bands or no use at all, RM have got to spend more on the small ones than the larger ones, iv had bag of the larger ones for months now just keep putting them in my bag the finished for the next day. they last for ages don't think iv had one snap on me at all, small ones snap virtually straight away waste of money
-
telithowitis
- Posts: 149
- Joined: 03 Aug 2016, 20:19
- Gender: Male
Elastic bands
You couldn't make this up! Do they honestly think this is a financial saving which will make a significant difference? This week I asked for a pen, you know the 5p biro type, got told they had none, couldn't buy any for a while so had to go and scrounge one off the lads.
Last edited by telithowitis on 15 Oct 2016, 17:25, edited 1 time in total.
-
Zicomurphy
- Posts: 578
- Joined: 24 Oct 2014, 06:40
- Gender: Male
Elastic bands
We've run out of P739's in our office. Don't know if that's due to budget control measures or incompetence on the part of the person supposed to order them, neither would surprise me.
-
woopesh
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 230
- Joined: 30 Dec 2015, 22:02
- Gender: Male
Elastic bands
I'm rotated on different walks in different offices. I found some are more generous than others with bands. I always hoard in the generous offices and take them with me to the less generous ones. It makes me laugh. I read they spend almost a million pounds a year on rubber bands. Royal Mail must spend that much A DAY on peoples salaries but can't figure out that one postie spending 10mins for rubber bands will pay for everyones bands in the office that day. 
-
wacko74
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1572
- Joined: 04 Apr 2009, 20:35
- Gender: Male
Elastic bands
Been out of P739's in our office for a full week now, how the hell can it take so long just to get some printed off and sent to us?
If posties were as inefficient and incompetent as most of the administrative and managerial jobsworths within RM then the business would have gone under a long time ago.
If posties were as inefficient and incompetent as most of the administrative and managerial jobsworths within RM then the business would have gone under a long time ago.