ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
what does loan mean on the Rota?
-
woking
- Posts: 64
- Joined: 13 Oct 2015, 15:23
- Gender: Male
- Location: wokingham
what does loan mean on the Rota?
looked at the rota for next week & on all my working days it's got loan in the box,what does this mean please?
-
SpacePhoenix
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 12189
- Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
- Gender: Male
what does loan mean on the Rota?
You might be getting loaned out to another DO
-
woking
- Posts: 64
- Joined: 13 Oct 2015, 15:23
- Gender: Male
- Location: wokingham
what does loan mean on the Rota?
Jesus Christ I hope not,Im not very familiar with the area I live in as I've not been living here that long so possible being moved to somewhere I don't know at all will put me in a spin for sure.SpacePhoenix wrote:You might be getting loaned out to another DO
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
what does loan mean on the Rota?
woking wrote:looked at the rota for next week & on all my working days it's got loan in the box,what does this mean please?
Sounds like they have you working in another office or section.
Read up on the working in other offices agreement, but the bullet points are:
You start at your office.
You Finish at your office, on time if you wish.
Your own car insurance will NOT cover you to travel to another office if all you have is Social, Domestic, Pleasure & Commuting
They should get you from your office to the other office (By van, paying fares, or if you can the correct cover Mileage allowance)
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
woking
- Posts: 64
- Joined: 13 Oct 2015, 15:23
- Gender: Male
- Location: wokingham
what does loan mean on the Rota?
thanks,I won't be using my car no matter what they say,if they want me to go elsewhere then fine but they will have to drive me.I think I remember reading in my contract that they can move me on but what's puzzling me is that myself & the 2 others who joined the same day as me are being moved to different offices too but they have the name of the area they are going to on the Rota.and another thing we are so short staffed it doesn't make any sense.TrueBlueTerrier wrote:woking wrote:looked at the rota for next week & on all my working days it's got loan in the box,what does this mean please?
Sounds like they have you working in another office or section.
Read up on the working in other offices agreement, but the bullet points are:
You start at your office.
You Finish at your office, on time if you wish.
Your own car insurance will NOT cover you to travel to another office if all you have is Social, Domestic, Pleasure & Commuting
They should get you from your office to the other office (By van, paying fares, or if you can the correct cover Mileage allowance)
-
woking
- Posts: 64
- Joined: 13 Oct 2015, 15:23
- Gender: Male
- Location: wokingham
what does loan mean on the Rota?
sorry posted my reply in the wrong area,never been any good with technology lol
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
what does loan mean on the Rota?
sortedwoking wrote:sorry posted my reply in the wrong area,never been any good with technology lol
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
postslippete
- Posts: 4194
- Joined: 14 Jul 2014, 16:27
- Gender: Male
what does loan mean on the Rota?
When you tell them that you require a van to get to the other office they might back down because they seem to be in such short supply.
They will be relying on you to make your own way to this office and your own way home from there.
They will be relying on you to make your own way to this office and your own way home from there.
On the face of it, shareholder value is the dumbest idea in the world.
-
Nondescript
- Posts: 232
- Joined: 29 Nov 2013, 16:25
- Gender: Male
what does loan mean on the Rota?
Chances are you'll be thrown on a s**t duty, so if you agree to do overtime at the 'loan' office try to make sure that you get that office to put it through rather than your own manager. Or, as has been mentioned, you can just tell them that you want dropped off back at your 'home' office for your finish time and there's not a thing the feckless scourge of humanity can do about it.
-
woking
- Posts: 64
- Joined: 13 Oct 2015, 15:23
- Gender: Male
- Location: wokingham
what does loan mean on the Rota?
yep i was informed this morning that as I'm a reserve I have to move to another office for a week.I've been given a choice of 2 office's none of which I know where they are.I told the Dom that my car is in for repair & it is so Dom said they would change my move to the following week,I said I wasn't sure if I'd have my car back by then as some major work had to be done on it (I was even questioned what the repairs were) I tried to explain that if the repairs cost to much I wouldn't be getting me car back as I can't afford a big repair bill.with that Dom raised its voice & was really quite rude saying that someone would have to take me & pick me up.11 months into this job & I'm sick of it.tempted to tell em to shove it.Nondescript wrote:Chances are you'll be thrown on a s**t duty, so if you agree to do overtime at the 'loan' office try to make sure that you get that office to put it through rather than your own manager. Or, as has been mentioned, you can just tell them that you want dropped off back at your 'home' office for your finish time and there's not a thing the feckless scourge of humanity can do about it.
-
gpreshaw
- Posts: 10
- Joined: 04 Jul 2011, 14:08
- Gender: Male
what does loan mean on the Rota?
...
Last edited by gpreshaw on 12 Jan 2023, 16:55, edited 1 time in total.
-
yellowbelly
- Posts: 3725
- Joined: 23 Jun 2015, 15:51
- Gender: Male
what does loan mean on the Rota?
Sort of related to the thread....regarding claim of distance travelled when on loan to another DO
Distance from my home to contracted office is 7 miles (Not claimable, normal travel to work).
I am loaned from my contracted office to another office, distance between the two is 14 miles.
The office I am on loan to is 10 miles from my home, I have advance warning of the loan
so I travel directly there - not to/via my parent office.
If using my own car (insured correctly) what mileage distance am I able to claim? 10, 10 minus the 7 normal travel distance, or some
other distance that involves the 14 miles between the parent and loaned office?
Cheers in advance.
Distance from my home to contracted office is 7 miles (Not claimable, normal travel to work).
I am loaned from my contracted office to another office, distance between the two is 14 miles.
The office I am on loan to is 10 miles from my home, I have advance warning of the loan
so I travel directly there - not to/via my parent office.
If using my own car (insured correctly) what mileage distance am I able to claim? 10, 10 minus the 7 normal travel distance, or some
other distance that involves the 14 miles between the parent and loaned office?
Cheers in advance.
-
gpreshaw
- Posts: 10
- Joined: 04 Jul 2011, 14:08
- Gender: Male
what does loan mean on the Rota?
...
Last edited by gpreshaw on 12 Jan 2023, 16:55, edited 1 time in total.
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
what does loan mean on the Rota?
Look on the bright side Woking.....you might end up in a better DO than yours!
I've been to several other DOs and some are pretty well organised , compared to the DO I was posted to. It got to the stage were my "Old" DOM wanted me back (because they were short staffed) and I got my "New" DOM to tell him Tough Shite because I was quite enjoying myself at my "New" DO....... He was not a Happy Teddy! 
Most important thing to remember is to get your "New" DOM to send a "Screen Shot" to your "Old" DOM concerning the hours you've worked. Your "New" DOM has to pay your wages out of his budget, so don't think you can chase your "Old" DOM for any owed overtime. It can get fairly confusing so make sure you keep a record of your hours and make sure you correctly fill in any timing sheets at your "New" office. Again on the bright side your "New" office may have a load of overtime...If your interested.
Most important thing to remember is to get your "New" DOM to send a "Screen Shot" to your "Old" DOM concerning the hours you've worked. Your "New" DOM has to pay your wages out of his budget, so don't think you can chase your "Old" DOM for any owed overtime. It can get fairly confusing so make sure you keep a record of your hours and make sure you correctly fill in any timing sheets at your "New" office. Again on the bright side your "New" office may have a load of overtime...If your interested.
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
CharlesSpooner
- Posts: 383
- Joined: 20 Jul 2011, 15:22
- Gender: Male
what does loan mean on the Rota?
Could be wrong but I think if your DOM "loans" someone to another office he gets the hours you normally work credited to his office as hours savings. If he can get the work you normally do covered for less hours (lapsing etc) or simply turn a blind eye to the work being done half-arsed or not at all then he's up on the deal and will be the blue eyed boy at his next conference call.woking wrote:.and another thing we are so short staffed it doesn't make any sense.