ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
HGV1 Scheme ??
-
Thehovisman
- Posts: 2
- Joined: 09 Sep 2016, 16:53
- Gender: Male
HGV1 Scheme ??
I overheard today at my branch, a scheme that was going on a while ago were you can become a HGV1 driver through royal mail... they put you through for the test then get offered a job where ever... this a real thing or not?? I cant seem to find anything on it anywhere.
-
ScousePostie
- Posts: 273
- Joined: 29 Jan 2015, 12:26
- Gender: Male
HGV1 Scheme ??
If it is true, I would certainly be interested in it.
-
datasaint
- Posts: 1541
- Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 17:19
- Gender: Male
HGV1 Scheme ??
It's been and gone, was called the Driver Training Programme. Probably be advertised again next year.
-
Thehovisman
- Posts: 2
- Joined: 09 Sep 2016, 16:53
- Gender: Male
HGV1 Scheme ??
Ahh if that comes up im jumping right on that will open up a new career
-
datasaint
- Posts: 1541
- Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 17:19
- Gender: Male
HGV1 Scheme ??
It's not that simple. Those with the licence closest to C+E & DCPC get priority.Thehovisman wrote:Ahh if that comes up im jumping right on that will open up a new career
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
HGV1 Scheme ??
http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... gv#p698697" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Driver Career Path Discussions – Joint Statement On Selection Criteria For LGV Training
Driver Career Path Discussions – Joint Statement On Selection Criteria For LGV Training
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
DB1100
- Posts: 1976
- Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30
HGV1 Scheme ??
Think long and hard before you choose it as a career I had nearly 25 years Class 1 and the last 5 years were terrible,not so bad if you get a job with RM but forget tramping.
For we were soldiers once,and young
-
Parke9037
- Posts: 13
- Joined: 21 Dec 2011, 15:30
- Gender: Male
HGV1 Scheme ??
I've received an email today asking me to send a copy of my licence to the DCP recruiting team, but they have not said if I've been selected or not as of yet. Is that a good sign?
Anyone else had to do this?
Anyone else had to do this?