Quick question.
I had my first day today with my workplace coach. Not 100% sure how long I get with them any ideas?
Thank you
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
How long win a workplace coach?
-
Kirsty952002
- Posts: 26
- Joined: 03 Sep 2016, 11:47
- Gender: Female
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
How long win a workplace coach?
No hard and fast rule but generally 1 - 3 days. Then you'll be paired up with an experienced postie, hopefully.
Welcome to the legion of the foot sore.

Welcome to the legion of the foot sore.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
tinkz
- Posts: 44
- Joined: 08 Mar 2016, 19:52
- Gender: Female
How long win a workplace coach?
I never saw one at all when I started. I've got a new start with me tomorrow...day 3 for them and I've been there just over 4 months so you don't even get an experienced postie at our DO
-
ROSSCO
- Posts: 67
- Joined: 17 Oct 2008, 19:37
- Gender: Male
How long win a workplace coach?
How much do work place coaches get paid?
-
rambo1
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3266
- Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 20:00
- Gender: Male
How long win a workplace coach?
Having said that, if you are competent in your job, there is a certain amount of use in being relatively new to the job as your experience of actually being a new starter should still be fresh and relevant to our new working practices which in turn should make you empathetic to the needs of a new starter. Having said that, they should really be with a wpc in the first week, not that I'm saying you will do a worse job, you may even be better. If you enjoy the experience, ask your dom about becoming a wpc as every office should have one to 25 I think it is, staff. Atb.tinkz wrote:I never saw one at all when I started. I've got a new start with me tomorrow...day 3 for them and I've been there just over 4 months so you don't even get an experienced postie at our DO
-
Chelseablue
- Posts: 2222
- Joined: 19 Aug 2013, 14:33
- Gender: Female
How long win a workplace coach?
Wpc s. Get £30 or more a week . Weeks n weeks go past and theyv not trained anyone , not sayin its the same in every office , but what a waste of money .
-
postslippete
- Posts: 4194
- Joined: 14 Jul 2014, 16:27
- Gender: Male
How long win a workplace coach?
Workplace coach = replacement managers of the future on the cheap!!
Have you not read the advert….improve efficiency and quality standards, addressing customer complaints, planning and organising, leading others, adaptability
Have you not read the advert….improve efficiency and quality standards, addressing customer complaints, planning and organising, leading others, adaptability
On the face of it, shareholder value is the dumbest idea in the world.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
How long win a workplace coach?
postslippete wrote:Workplace coach = replacement managers of the future on the cheap!!
Have you not read the advert….improve efficiency and quality standards, addressing customer complaints, planning and organising, leading others, adaptability
Agreed, in fact said it 18 months ago
http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... ch#p687656" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:There is no point in the current role of WPCs, however it is my firm opinion they are being groomed to become team leaders in the new outdoor merging world of Royal Mail.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Kirsty952002
- Posts: 26
- Joined: 03 Sep 2016, 11:47
- Gender: Female
How long win a workplace coach?
Well to answer all, I have just had my 4th day with my wpc today, tomorrow and weds I'm with somebody who does a trolley walk, so I get the hang the way it is looped <--- not sure what is happening Thursday/fri. All I know Monday next week I'm back with my wpc on his walk because his partner is on holiday!
-
s0uthsh0reb0y
- Posts: 5
- Joined: 25 Jun 2012, 22:37
- Gender: Male
- Location: 518 ft above sea level, where am I ???
How long win a workplace coach?
At present a WPC gets £36 per week.
You should be trained by a WPC for at least 3 days on delivery, then hopefully with an experienced posty for the next few weeks...
You should be trained by a WPC for at least 3 days on delivery, then hopefully with an experienced posty for the next few weeks...
"You are...as they say in Latin...a dorkus-malorkus."