ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

PART DAY ABSCENCE

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Theghost
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 417
Joined: 17 Mar 2009, 16:44
Gender: Male

PART DAY ABSCENCE

Post by Theghost »

Hi,I had a part dy abscence 6 weeks ago,I twisted my ankle on delivery and left work at 12pm,I was due off at 2pm.I resumed the next day,Now i have had ot go off sick with conjunctivitis,I have had 5 days and resumint work tomorrow,Will this count as 2 abscences and put me on a stage 2 warning? I have never had a part day abscence before and was wondering will it count as a sick day?
Creditshampoo
Posts: 1189
Joined: 06 Oct 2014, 19:48
Gender: Male

PART DAY ABSCENCE

Post by Creditshampoo »

As long as it was put down aso a part day then it won't count.
If you get a letter about a stage 2 get the union in the meeting
rehabron
Posts: 1372
Joined: 01 Jul 2012, 18:43
Gender: Male

PART DAY ABSCENCE

Post by rehabron »

Theghost wrote:Hi,I had a part dy abscence 6 weeks ago,I twisted my ankle on delivery and left work at 12pm,I was due off at 2pm.I resumed the next day,Now i have had ot go off sick with conjunctivitis,I have had 5 days and resumint work tomorrow,Will this count as 2 abscences and put me on a stage 2 warning? I have never had a part day abscence before and was wondering will it count as a sick day?
This will be recorded as a part absence and will be discounted from absences calculation. As you have stated that your part day absence was isolated then there will be no problem. It's when there are regular part day absences being taken that this comes under scrutiny and employees would have been interviewed by management with their concerns over the amount of part day absences taken and will be informed that further part day absences will be counted in the attendance procedure.
In your circumstances you are ok.
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

PART DAY ABSCENCE

Post by fishtank »

If you twisted your ankle at work it should have been recorded with dear old ERICA as an accident on duty, it shouldn't count whether it was a part day absence or not.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
Theghost
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 417
Joined: 17 Mar 2009, 16:44
Gender: Male

PART DAY ABSCENCE

Post by Theghost »

fishtank wrote:If you twisted your ankle at work it should have been recorded with dear old ERICA as an accident on duty, it shouldn't count whether it was a part day absence or not.
It was an accident on duty,But my fault,I was taking a short cut jumping over a wall
:no no :arrrghhh :arrrghhh
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

PART DAY ABSCENCE

Post by fishtank »

Theghost wrote:
fishtank wrote:If you twisted your ankle at work it should have been recorded with dear old ERICA as an accident on duty, it shouldn't count whether it was a part day absence or not.
It was an accident on duty,But my fault,I was taking a short cut jumping over a wall
:no no :arrrghhh :arrrghhh
And you told them this??????
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
Theghost
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 417
Joined: 17 Mar 2009, 16:44
Gender: Male

PART DAY ABSCENCE

Post by Theghost »

fishtank wrote:
Theghost wrote:
fishtank wrote:If you twisted your ankle at work it should have been recorded with dear old ERICA as an accident on duty, it shouldn't count whether it was a part day absence or not.
It was an accident on duty,But my fault,I was taking a short cut jumping over a wall
:no no :arrrghhh :arrrghhh
And you told them this??????
No,The bloke who's wall i jumped over did.