ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Lapsing

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Harv12
Posts: 158
Joined: 12 Nov 2013, 18:25
Gender: Male

Lapsing

Post by Harv12 »

does any other manager just come round and dump lapsing mail on your frame without even askin if you have time to do it, couple of the part time staff preping jobs today didn't even know it was there untill they where bagging up.
worktotime
Posts: 2866
Joined: 14 May 2010, 20:47
Gender: Male

Lapsing

Post by worktotime »

just tell him you have a finish time so it will come back if i dont have time and get your rep round when you tell him.
NewPostieUK
Posts: 2104
Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
Gender: Male
Location: SickAsAChipLand

Lapsing

Post by NewPostieUK »

Yes, he sneaks it into the trolley and we don't see it until we load the van. As we are always last out the office, he has a problem finding someone to do it when we hand it back. He'll never learn. He could easily give it to the full timers who leave the office an hour before us.
Anonymouse
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 174
Joined: 02 Jun 2012, 22:20
Gender: Male

Lapsing

Post by Anonymouse »

NewPostieUK wrote:Yes, he sneaks it into the trolley and we don't see it until we load the van. As we are always last out the office, he has a problem finding someone to do it when we hand it back. He'll never learn. He could easily give it to the full timers who leave the office an hour before us.
I don't know how the full timers get away with it.
Me and my partner struggle to do our own duties without lapsing in time yet some full timers are passing by us on their way home when we have a few loops left to do.
It's crazy, i don't know how they can be so dumb and blind to this.
ewancurze
Posts: 400
Joined: 22 Jun 2010, 19:25
Gender: Male

Lapsing

Post by ewancurze »

If you can't do the Lapsing in our office it is taken out of the frame and sorted back in the next day,by Saturday there may be up to 4 days worth of Mail and Packets to deliver.
"Customer Service" Ha!
Awful state of affairs when perceived (imagined) drops in volume cause staffing to be too low to actually clear the office.
Of course it will all be the posties fault.
OnAFlyer
Posts: 1938
Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 14:24
Gender: Male

Lapsing

Post by OnAFlyer »

No because the lapsing was added to our frames about a year ago. :crazy:
NewPostieUK
Posts: 2104
Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
Gender: Male
Location: SickAsAChipLand

Lapsing

Post by NewPostieUK »

Anonymouse wrote: i don't know how they can be so dumb and blind to this.
They aren't. They know full well. The only conclusion I can come up with is that the full timers have something on them (the management), a form of blackmail. How else can they get away with not prepping the (part timers) duties they are meant to, leaving an hour early, not taking lapsing and blatantly finishing early.
Newbie001
Posts: 474
Joined: 30 May 2014, 17:29
Gender: Male

Lapsing

Post by Newbie001 »

NewPostieUK wrote:
Anonymouse wrote: i don't know how they can be so dumb and blind to this.
They aren't. They know full well. The only conclusion I can come up with is that the full timers have something on them (the management), a form of blackmail. How else can they get away with not prepping the (part timers) duties they are meant to, leaving an hour early, not taking lapsing and blatantly finishing early.
In our office,a few of the full timers work their day off every single week, all year round. Think this may have something to do with it.
eastie
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2234
Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
Gender: Male

Lapsing

Post by eastie »

ewancurze wrote:If you can't do the Lapsing in our office it is taken out of the frame and sorted back in the next day,by Saturday there may be up to 4 days worth of Mail and Packets to deliver.
"Customer Service" Ha!
Awful state of affairs when perceived (imagined) drops in volume cause staffing to be too low to actually clear the office.
Of course it will all be the posties fault.
Should be reported WILFULL DELAY
Chewster
Posts: 527
Joined: 15 Jan 2016, 12:34
Gender: Male

Lapsing

Post by Chewster »

I'm a part timer doing a full time duty, which is fine by me as I need the money. I'm going over the duty time every day partly due to increased volumes, but mainly due to lapsing (ours takes half an hour minimum), again, this is fine by me, need the money. What is not fine by me though, is that there are full timers on part time duties, some finishing BEFORE 12! So they're being paid to half 2 but finishing around 12... And they get away with refusing to do lapsing or any other work when they get back. Yet I get back after 3 a lot of the time, and it's the end of the world when I say I won't be going back out with more?
rambo1
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3266
Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 20:00
Gender: Male

Lapsing

Post by rambo1 »

Chewster wrote:I'm a part timer doing a full time duty, which is fine by me as I need the money. I'm going over the duty time every day partly due to increased volumes, but mainly due to lapsing (ours takes half an hour minimum), again, this is fine by me, need the money. What is not fine by me though, is that there are full timers on part time duties, some finishing BEFORE 12! So they're being paid to half 2 but finishing around 12... And they get away with refusing to do lapsing or any other work when they get back. Yet I get back after 3 a lot of the time, and it's the end of the world when I say I won't be going back out with more?
How the hell can you get back before 12 on a five hr delivery span? Our ips doesn't get finished till half eight some mornings!
Chewster
Posts: 527
Joined: 15 Jan 2016, 12:34
Gender: Male

Lapsing

Post by Chewster »

rambo1 wrote:
Chewster wrote:I'm a part timer doing a full time duty, which is fine by me as I need the money. I'm going over the duty time every day partly due to increased volumes, but mainly due to lapsing (ours takes half an hour minimum), again, this is fine by me, need the money. What is not fine by me though, is that there are full timers on part time duties, some finishing BEFORE 12! So they're being paid to half 2 but finishing around 12... And they get away with refusing to do lapsing or any other work when they get back. Yet I get back after 3 a lot of the time, and it's the end of the world when I say I won't be going back out with more?
How the hell can you get back before 12 on a five hr delivery span? Our ips doesn't get finished till half eight some mornings!
Our IPS is usually finished around the same time, if we get out by 9 nowadays then we're doing well. We've got a few duties that are a lot shorter than the rest, and if a runner full timer is on it, they're guaranteed to be finished for 12. HCT duties I should add, I don't know if other offices are the same but our HCT duties are 4 hour delivery span max, which is, in reality, less with a runner on the duty.
Professor Chaos
Posts: 30
Joined: 21 Jul 2016, 14:58
Gender: Male

Lapsing

Post by Professor Chaos »

ewancurze wrote:If you can't do the Lapsing in our office it is taken out of the frame and sorted back in the next day,by Saturday there may be up to 4 days worth of Mail and Packets to deliver.
"Customer Service" Ha!
Awful state of affairs when perceived (imagined) drops in volume cause staffing to be too low to actually clear the office.
Of course it will all be the posties fault.
That should be reported to the annonynous hot line
eastie
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2234
Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
Gender: Male

Lapsing

Post by eastie »

Chewster wrote:
rambo1 wrote:
Chewster wrote:I'm a part timer doing a full time duty, which is fine by me as I need the money. I'm going over the duty time every day partly due to increased volumes, but mainly due to lapsing (ours takes half an hour minimum), again, this is fine by me, need the money. What is not fine by me though, is that there are full timers on part time duties, some finishing BEFORE 12! So they're being paid to half 2 but finishing around 12... And they get away with refusing to do lapsing or any other work when they get back. Yet I get back after 3 a lot of the time, and it's the end of the world when I say I won't be going back out with more?
How the hell can you get back before 12 on a five hr delivery span? Our ips doesn't get finished till half eight some mornings!
Our IPS is usually finished around the same time, if we get out by 9 nowadays then we're doing well. We've got a few duties that are a lot shorter than the rest, and if a runner full timer is on it, they're guaranteed to be finished for 12. HCT duties I should add, I don't know if other offices are the same but our HCT duties are 4 hour delivery span max, which is, in reality, less with a runner on the duty.
How the hell can you finish at 12noon if you don't start till 9am and you have to do lapsing and emptying post boxes on your round and journey to and from your delivery?
Acca Dacca
Posts: 3220
Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 17:13
Gender: Male

Lapsing

Post by Acca Dacca »

eastie wrote:
Chewster wrote:
rambo1 wrote:
Chewster wrote:I'm a part timer doing a full time duty, which is fine by me as I need the money. I'm going over the duty time every day partly due to increased volumes, but mainly due to lapsing (ours takes half an hour minimum), again, this is fine by me, need the money. What is not fine by me though, is that there are full timers on part time duties, some finishing BEFORE 12! So they're being paid to half 2 but finishing around 12... And they get away with refusing to do lapsing or any other work when they get back. Yet I get back after 3 a lot of the time, and it's the end of the world when I say I won't be going back out with more?
How the hell can you get back before 12 on a five hr delivery span? Our ips doesn't get finished till half eight some mornings!
Our IPS is usually finished around the same time, if we get out by 9 nowadays then we're doing well. We've got a few duties that are a lot shorter than the rest, and if a runner full timer is on it, they're guaranteed to be finished for 12. HCT duties I should add, I don't know if other offices are the same but our HCT duties are 4 hour delivery span max, which is, in reality, less with a runner on the duty.
How the hell can you finish at 12noon if you don't start till 9am and you have to do lapsing and emptying post boxes on your round and journey to and from your delivery?
Think he means if start delivering at 9 and run round it
If you tolerate this, then your paid break will be next