Hi
I've heard colleagues in the office talking about the various sickness stages and being threatened with dismissal.
I have just broken my thumb. My hand is in a cast and the Fracture Clinic have given me a sick note for 4 weeks.
Can anyone tell me how this will affect me when I go back to work? I have only just completed 12 months service. I had 5 days off last year; 1 instance of one day and 1 instance of 4 days.
Thanks in advance.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Royal Mail Sickness Stages??
-
Trolleyed
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 56
- Joined: 16 Dec 2014, 18:06
- Gender: Male
Royal Mail Sickness Stages??
You'll prob get a stage 1 (anything more than 14 days I believe). i self certified for 3 days and was then signed off for two weeks with tendonitis and was given a stage 1. It's no big deal really and only lasts for 6 months. Not worth stressing about. Hope you heal up and don't let the f*ckers force you back to work early.
-
peshwaarinaan
- Posts: 381
- Joined: 29 May 2015, 11:35
- Gender: Female
Royal Mail Sickness Stages??
Thank you Trolleyed.Trolleyed wrote:You'll prob get a stage 1 (anything more than 14 days I believe). i self certified for 3 days and was then signed off for two weeks with tendonitis and was given a stage 1. It's no big deal really and only lasts for 6 months. Not worth stressing about. Hope you heal up and don't let the f*ckers force you back to work early.
-
rehabron
- Posts: 1372
- Joined: 01 Jul 2012, 18:43
- Gender: Male
Royal Mail Sickness Stages??
http://www.cwu.org/assets/cwu/legacy-as ... ----------" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
-
rehabron
- Posts: 1372
- Joined: 01 Jul 2012, 18:43
- Gender: Male
Royal Mail Sickness Stages??
http://www.cwu.org/assets/cwu/legacy-as ... nce_Pr.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
-
IloveMYredTROLLEY!
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1923
- Joined: 02 Apr 2010, 06:54
- Gender: Male
Royal Mail Sickness Stages??
Get ready for the DOM asking you to come back early on indoor work using your one working hand! 
-
Surreypostie
- Posts: 999
- Joined: 04 Aug 2013, 21:05
- Gender: Male
Royal Mail Sickness Stages??
How did you break it? If an accident at work, those are normally discounted under the attendance procedure.