ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Back to work interview

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Professor Chaos
Posts: 30
Joined: 21 Jul 2016, 14:58
Gender: Male

Back to work interview

Post by Professor Chaos »

What happens if a back to work interview doesn't take place within the first day of returning to work?
weary_posty
Posts: 225
Joined: 01 Jul 2011, 15:08
Gender: Male

Back to work interview

Post by weary_posty »

I'm still waiting for mine from November after triggering a stage 1...
rehabron
Posts: 1372
Joined: 01 Jul 2012, 18:43
Gender: Male

Back to work interview

Post by rehabron »

Professor Chaos wrote:What happens if a back to work interview doesn't take place within the first day of returning to work?
The BTW interview is basically to discuss that you are fully recovered from your illness and fit to resume your duty and that you are fully aware of the attendance standards that RM require. Not having been completed should be noted and worth mentioning should your attendance incur further absences that could progress to a stage 3 and an appeal is required.
Professor Chaos
Posts: 30
Joined: 21 Jul 2016, 14:58
Gender: Male

Back to work interview

Post by Professor Chaos »

OK thanks for that. I will be mentioning that if and when I have my back to work. It will form part of my grievance if I am put on a stage warning.
postslippete
Posts: 4194
Joined: 14 Jul 2014, 16:27
Gender: Male

Back to work interview

Post by postslippete »

Only in the Royal mail do you incur stage warnings i.e. disciplinary procedures for having a genuine illness/broken bones etc even with sick notes being provided! :crazy:


Computer says NO to a manager with no backbone
On the face of it, shareholder value is the dumbest idea in the world.
Pathfinder
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 208
Joined: 17 Aug 2015, 13:50
Gender: Male

Back to work interview

Post by Pathfinder »

How does it work exactly? My last job had a rolling 6 month sickness record so any sickness resulting with a warning would drop off after 6 months but I've no idea about it at RM! Infact There's so much I don't know about the workings of RM all that I know I get from this site !!
cpsteve
Posts: 699
Joined: 20 Apr 2016, 15:46
Gender: Male

Back to work interview

Post by cpsteve »

I do believe if BTW is not done then that sickness can not be used against you your union rep should be able to clear that up.
daveyeff
Posts: 4699
Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
Gender: Male

Back to work interview

Post by daveyeff »

weary_posty wrote:I'm still waiting for mine from November after triggering a stage 1...
did they issue it?....if not make sure its backdated when they get round to it. you'll be off it now.
rubberbond
Posts: 1497
Joined: 24 Aug 2014, 16:03
Gender: Male

Back to work interview

Post by rubberbond »

Pathfinder wrote:How does it work exactly? My last job had a rolling 6 month sickness record so any sickness resulting with a warning would drop off after 6 months but I've no idea about it at RM! Infact There's so much I don't know about the workings of RM all that I know I get from this site !!
I think it's a rolling 12 months.
daveyeff
Posts: 4699
Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
Gender: Male

Back to work interview

Post by daveyeff »

you are off the stage after 6 months now, but it stays on your file for 12.
rehabron
Posts: 1372
Joined: 01 Jul 2012, 18:43
Gender: Male

Back to work interview

Post by rehabron »

daveyeff wrote:
weary_posty wrote:I'm still waiting for mine from November after triggering a stage 1...
did they issue it?....if not make sure its backdated when they get round to it. you'll be off it now.
They DON'T back date it which has been a bone of contention every time as they are in fact stealing days. If they decide to complete the BTW interview the absence will be calculated from the time of the BTW meeting. Better to leave things as they are if your insist on having a BTW interview then you will lose the days you have worked from your return to the interview.
Jupitor5
Posts: 46
Joined: 07 May 2014, 17:28
Gender: Male

Back to work interview

Post by Jupitor5 »

rehabron wrote:
daveyeff wrote:
weary_posty wrote:I'm still waiting for mine from November after triggering a stage 1...
did they issue it?....if not make sure its backdated when they get round to it. you'll be off it now.
They DON'T back date it which has been a bone of contention every time as they are in fact stealing days. If they decide to complete the BTW interview the absence will be calculated from the time of the BTW meeting. Better to leave things as they are if your insist on having a BTW interview then you will lose the days you have worked from your return to the interview.
They will backdate it. I argued about a RTW being done 4 months after I returned, and said I was not happy about having to perform at a 16 month standard instead of 12 (old rules). Lino said that was taken into consideration and was happy to have me on a 8 month 'sentence'.

If you don't ask,you don't get.
daveyeff
Posts: 4699
Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
Gender: Male

Back to work interview

Post by daveyeff »

rehabron wrote:
daveyeff wrote:
weary_posty wrote:I'm still waiting for mine from November after triggering a stage 1...
did they issue it?....if not make sure its backdated when they get round to it. you'll be off it now.
They DON'T back date it which has been a bone of contention every time as they are in fact stealing days. If they decide to complete the BTW interview the absence will be calculated from the time of the BTW meeting. Better to leave things as they are if your insist on having a BTW interview then you will lose the days you have worked from your return to the interview.
well they tried it at our office a couple of times, the rep was having none of it. he said to the dom its to be issued from the btw interview, which is to take place no later than two weeks from your return. if they have not given you the btw then that's their fault and its taken from that point. he also used the point you made that they are 'stealing' days which I have to say, he's won the argument each time. it was backdated in my mates case when they came at him almost 8 months later saying it was a stage interview from his last absence. the dom insisted it be issued and the rep insisted it was issued from the btw which is no later than 2 weeks max from return to work. the dom never had a leg to stand on.
Jupitor5
Posts: 46
Joined: 07 May 2014, 17:28
Gender: Male

Back to work interview

Post by Jupitor5 »

daveyeff wrote:
rehabron wrote:
daveyeff wrote:
weary_posty wrote:I'm still waiting for mine from November after triggering a stage 1...
did they issue it?....if not make sure its backdated when they get round to it. you'll be off it now.
They DON'T back date it which has been a bone of contention every time as they are in fact stealing days. If they decide to complete the BTW interview the absence will be calculated from the time of the BTW meeting. Better to leave things as they are if your insist on having a BTW interview then you will lose the days you have worked from your return to the interview.
well they tried it at our office a couple of times, the rep was having none of it. he said to the dom its to be issued from the btw interview, which is to take place no later than two weeks from your return. if they have not given you the btw then that's their fault and its taken from that point. he also used the point you made that they are 'stealing' days which I have to say, he's won the argument each time. it was backdated in my mates case when they came at him almost 8 months later saying it was a stage interview from his last absence. the dom insisted it be issued and the rep insisted it was issued from the btw which is no later than 2 weeks max from return to work. the dom never had a leg to stand on.
It's the Lino's incompetence at following protocol that lets the posties down.
Stand firm and insist that it be backdated to your RTW date.
daveyeff
Posts: 4699
Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
Gender: Male

Back to work interview

Post by daveyeff »

exactly