ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Earliest Delivery Time ?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Dorset Plodder
Posts: 4351
Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
Gender: Male

Earliest Delivery Time ?

Post by Dorset Plodder »

Is there still an earliest Delivery Time? When we used to start earlier I believe it was No Knocking before 0700? :hmmmm

The reason I'm interested is because on my way to work this morning I saw a Postie out delivering in his van at 0545! :shock: Apparently he finished off this early start by ending the day delivering from his car!! As one of the locals later told me :shock:
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
In The Know
Posts: 50
Joined: 20 Jul 2015, 18:11
Gender: Male

Earliest Delivery Time ?

Post by In The Know »

Cool story bro
DocketLefty
Posts: 112
Joined: 03 Jul 2015, 22:06
Gender: Male

Earliest Delivery Time ?

Post by DocketLefty »

This one time at band camp...
answer=42
Posts: 64
Joined: 16 Jun 2012, 07:44
Gender: Male

Earliest Delivery Time ?

Post by answer=42 »

He wasn't early...........................he was late!
enskied
Posts: 1877
Joined: 16 Aug 2013, 17:14
Gender: Male

Earliest Delivery Time ?

Post by enskied »

Out delivering yesterdays packets more like.
wannabeek
Posts: 996
Joined: 27 Apr 2011, 00:49
Gender: Male

Earliest Delivery Time ?

Post by wannabeek »

Sounds like it was yesterday's mail to me. Maybe he couldn't be bothered so did it on the way in to work?

One of my frequent Xmas duties is extra packet duty as there are often too many on the lorry to fit into the space we have. I usually go out with a van full pretty much straight off the lorry just to make some room to move.

I always am told not to knock on a door before 6:30 am, but if it can be delivered without knocking then there is no issue with time. That ain't gospel from Moya and Co, just what I've been told locally.
NWpostie
Posts: 3620
Joined: 04 Aug 2007, 17:32
Gender: Male
Location: Sector 001 Borg Collective, 6 o f 9

Earliest Delivery Time ?

Post by NWpostie »

We used to deliver post around 7am in the morning in the old days when things were much easier in ways today's posties wouldn't believe.
Six of Nine loves Seven of Nine, together in Electric Dreams.
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32794
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Earliest Delivery Time ?

Post by POSTMAN »

Always thought/was told it was 7 the earliest.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
Chewster
Posts: 527
Joined: 15 Jan 2016, 12:34
Gender: Male

Earliest Delivery Time ?

Post by Chewster »

How early/late do you all get out on delivery nowadays? I remember being young and seeing the postie come to the door about 7am odd, and when I started only a year and a half ago I was getting out usually about 8am, but now we're lucky if we're out by 9, even on a Saturday.
Dorset Plodder
Posts: 4351
Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
Gender: Male

Earliest Delivery Time ?

Post by Dorset Plodder »

Thanks for views guys. It wasn't a wind up. I've worked in that DO before and know the individual, without giving too many details, there's the usual "Mafia" of Old Hands that are in the door at 0500. They get an early Mail Drop and it's usual practice to pop out as soon as you can and deliver as much as you can, especially parcels (one Postie that used a HCT would pop out in his own car to deliver all his parcels)! Then back to the DO finish off the later mail and then rush around the Duty again. So these customers are actually getting two deliveries a day! :cool

As I saw him on a Tuesday he was probably just whizzing around with the later 1st & 2nd class mail in his own car on his way home....... Anything to knock off early eh? :cuppa
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
OnAFlyer
Posts: 1938
Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 14:24
Gender: Male

Earliest Delivery Time ?

Post by OnAFlyer »

How the hell are people still starting that early? I used to be out on delivery just after 6.30am, but that was 15+ years ago! Now I class 9.30 as early.
Newbie001
Posts: 474
Joined: 30 May 2014, 17:29
Gender: Male

Earliest Delivery Time ?

Post by Newbie001 »

OnAFlyer wrote:How the hell are people still starting that early? I used to be out on delivery just after 6.30am, but that was 15+ years ago! Now I class 9.30 as early.
Afraid job and knock is being actively encouraged in many offices. Although union will tell you otherwise.
Harv12
Posts: 158
Joined: 12 Nov 2013, 18:25
Gender: Male

Earliest Delivery Time ?

Post by Harv12 »

NWpostie wrote:We used to deliver post around 7am in the morning in the old days when things were much easier in ways today's posties wouldn't believe.
yes the good ole days, out on delivery by 7am, back to the office at 9.30 back at home by 10am, 33 hrs 6 days week wasn't fussed by working 6 days as i was home by 10 lol