ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Vehicle Tracker Issues

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
nufcpostie470
Posts: 3
Joined: 26 Apr 2016, 17:56
Gender: Male

Vehicle Tracker Issues

Post by nufcpostie470 »

Anyone out there driving a small van which has a Tracker device fitted and has noticed it now randomly cuts out ??. I drive a Vauxhall Combo van and since it has been fitted with one of these devices it now suffers from the engine randomly cutting out. I recently pulled out from a junction when it suddenly cut out in the path of an oncoming car which narrowly missed me. This issue is not the same as stalling the engine as when the engine cuts out it is when either the van is stationary or slowly pulling forward in 1st gear and just cuts out. I then have to turn the key into the off position then back on to enable it to restart but if I stall the van then I just turn the key forward and it starts straight away. The workshop keep saying it's the tracker but the company says there is no problem !!. I have also driven 2 other Combo vans and both have this issue.
pj2001
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 76
Joined: 27 Jun 2012, 20:37
Gender: Male

Vehicle Tracker Issues

Post by pj2001 »

Anyone coming across this problem should sign the vehicles off until the problem is rectified. Why risk your life over some dodgy tracker?
meercat
Posts: 814
Joined: 21 Apr 2010, 16:15
Gender: Male

Vehicle Tracker Issues

Post by meercat »

Don't drive this vehicle. If you pull out and cause a fatal accident while knowing your vehicle is faulty you will be going to prison for manslaughter. Your career will be over, you could lose your house and your family and you will also have a life on your hands.
wannabeek
Posts: 996
Joined: 27 Apr 2011, 00:49
Gender: Male

Vehicle Tracker Issues

Post by wannabeek »

Woah. That's some pretty heavy-handed advice in my opinion. Whether or not your vehicle will conk out seconds later, just don't pull out in front of someone unless they are able to safely stop if you do conk out. Any and every vehicle can cut out with or without a tracker fitted.

I personally wouldn't refuse to drive a vehicle with such a fault reported myself but I would be extra cautious to give every other vehicle adequate stopping distance. RM vans are usually pretty ropey at best in my experience so I constantly expect them to fail for one reason or another.
Jpro747
Posts: 1342
Joined: 23 Dec 2012, 10:22
Gender: Male

Vehicle Tracker Issues

Post by Jpro747 »

Yes some of the vauxhalls do this, very dangerous imho
meercat
Posts: 814
Joined: 21 Apr 2010, 16:15
Gender: Male

Vehicle Tracker Issues

Post by meercat »

wannabeek wrote:I personally wouldn't refuse to drive a vehicle with such a fault reported myself
Well like I say if you killed someone as a result you would be going to prison. Being convicted of manslaughter through dangerous driving would see you serve 1-14 years.


A person drives dangerously when:

knowing the vehicle has a dangerous fault or an unsafe load;



http://www.cps.gov.uk/news/fact_sheets/ ... s_driving/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;