ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Hospital appointments
-
Scotland1
- Posts: 180
- Joined: 06 Sep 2013, 16:17
- Gender: Female
Hospital appointments
Is there a limit to how many hospital appointments I can take per year, or any downloads on here? Thanks in advance
-
IcanthelpthewayIam
- Posts: 4067
- Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
- Gender: Male
Hospital appointments
Is it for an illness/injury where you have been assessed by oh assist and a reasonable adjustment has been made to allow time off for appointments?
If yes then the number should already have been discussed with you
if no then no limit as no right to any all at the goodwill of the dom
If yes then the number should already have been discussed with you
if no then no limit as no right to any all at the goodwill of the dom
-
rehabron
- Posts: 1372
- Joined: 01 Jul 2012, 18:43
- Gender: Male
Hospital appointments
There is no limit as such its a matter of on going treatment for whatever your condition requires. If possible try to arrange appointment times outwith your duty. If this is difficult then advise your line manager in advance of appointment to arrange cover. You can come to an agreement with your line manger that the time taken off can be clawbacked on other days when you don't have a hospital appointment or requested other leave unpaid. If the hospital appointment is ongoing treatment for an injury at work then RM should have no objections to your hospital visits.Scotland1 wrote:Is there a limit to how many hospital appointments I can take per year, or any downloads on here? Thanks in advance
-
diballday
- Posts: 36
- Joined: 25 May 2007, 17:34
- Gender: Male
- Location: Beyond The Pale
Hospital appointments
I was always given special leave for hospital appointments as my condition came under the DDA and traveling to the hospital was an hour each way. This went on for eight years until I was recently told by my DOM that in future i would have to use annual leave. My rep has said under no circumstances should i use a/l. I have an appointment next week so it will be interesting to see what happens.
-
NightOwl
- Posts: 29
- Joined: 25 Jun 2016, 12:41
- Gender: Male
Hospital appointments
diballday wrote:I was always given special leave for hospital appointments as my condition came under the DDA and traveling to the hospital was an hour each way. This went on for eight years until I was recently told by my DOM that in future i would have to use annual leave. My rep has said under no circumstances should i use a/l. I have an appointment next week so it will be interesting to see what happens.
What happened? I am hoping to be accepted after an interview and also attend a few hospital consultants. I am under the DDA as well.