ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Voluntary Redundancy
-
Phil211
- Posts: 2
- Joined: 06 Jun 2016, 15:17
- Gender: Male
Voluntary Redundancy
Hi guys, I'm looking for some help regarding voluntary redundancy. I returned from a career break (just over 1 and a half years) not so long a go. As I expected, when I got back working again on delivery, I quickly got fed up of the job. I'm looking to go down another career path, as I'm only 25. So, is there any chance I could ask for VR? I have 8 years service (inc career break).
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Voluntary Redundancy
No Vol Redundancies are offered only when there is a preference exercise, and that only happens when there is a revision. Also its offered on strict Seniority order so to be honest 8 years won't be enough in 99% of cases - I have 4 more and a bloke with double mine didn't have enough.Phil211 wrote:Hi guys, I'm looking for some help regarding voluntary redundancy. I returned from a career break (just over 1 and a half years) not so long a go. As I expected, when I got back working again on delivery, I quickly got fed up of the job. I'm looking to go down another career path, as I'm only 25. So, is there any chance I could ask for VR? I have 8 years service (inc career break).
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Phil211
- Posts: 2
- Joined: 06 Jun 2016, 15:17
- Gender: Male
Voluntary Redundancy
Ah I see. Thanks for the info
-
Scotland1
- Posts: 180
- Joined: 06 Sep 2013, 16:17
- Gender: Female
Voluntary Redundancy
Are u fit enough still though as I'm only asking if ur not then ill health retirement may be an option