ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Career break and shares payout
-
In The Know
- Posts: 50
- Joined: 20 Jul 2015, 18:11
- Gender: Male
Career break and shares payout
Would I be able to cash my shares if I went on a career break before October?
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Career break and shares payout
There is nothing in the guide about Career Breaks or Sabaticals so I would contact:
Royal Mail Employee Shares
Helpline:
0800 012 12 13
(or +44 121 415 0268 if you
are calling from outside the
United Kingdom).
However, I would say that if you keep the shares, rather than surrender them, then you are unlikely to be able to sell them early. My GUESS is you will be treated the same as the rest of the employees, albeit you aren't actually working.
Royal Mail Employee Shares
Helpline:
0800 012 12 13
(or +44 121 415 0268 if you
are calling from outside the
United Kingdom).
However, I would say that if you keep the shares, rather than surrender them, then you are unlikely to be able to sell them early. My GUESS is you will be treated the same as the rest of the employees, albeit you aren't actually working.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
mickeymacca
- Posts: 503
- Joined: 21 Jun 2012, 18:03
- Gender: Male
Career break and shares payout
you need to give a minimum of 3 months notice for a career break, so that would be September anyway. however as long as you are still a RM employee your status with regard to shares does not alter.
'Libraries gave us power'