ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Hours advice.
-
Leegnufc
- Posts: 29
- Joined: 29 Jun 2015, 17:26
- Gender: Male
Hours advice.
Hi I'm just wanting to know where I stand. I'm currently on a 25 hour contract over 5 days(5 hours a day).
Today I started at 8 (the time my manager wanted me in) and wanted to be away for 2, yet my manager claims I'm required to stay till 2:40pm as that is last letter... Is this right and can he make me stay? I'm also sick of having to ask managers everyday what time I'm in the next day
Today I started at 8 (the time my manager wanted me in) and wanted to be away for 2, yet my manager claims I'm required to stay till 2:40pm as that is last letter... Is this right and can he make me stay? I'm also sick of having to ask managers everyday what time I'm in the next day
-
doorstepped
- Posts: 1063
- Joined: 10 Oct 2011, 23:17
- Gender: Male
- Location: Somewhere west of London
Hours advice.
in your contract it will tell you your start time. Stick to that and if you want to work your hours do so, in at 8:00 finish at 13:00 unless the DIM is happy to pay overtime and you are happy to do it.
-
Creditshampoo
- Posts: 1189
- Joined: 06 Oct 2014, 19:48
- Gender: Male
Hours advice.
My contract doesnt stay start and finish times only 25 hours. Manager says i am 9-2 but the job ad said 8-1. Phoned HR and they said i dony have a set start and finish
-
Leegnufc
- Posts: 29
- Joined: 29 Jun 2015, 17:26
- Gender: Male
Hours advice.
I'm in the same boat no start-finish time in contract just 25 hours over 5. Job advert stated 9-2 for me. I went in today booked an hour as overtime and assumed I could work till 2 then cut off if need be. But been told no as last letter is after that. So tomorrow I've told manager I'll be in 5 hours before the time he stated is last letter on Wednesday. So 9:30 start
-
IcanthelpthewayIam
- Posts: 4067
- Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
- Gender: Male
Hours advice.
Send a letter in writing to your dom by recorded delivery ask g for written confirmation of your contracted start and finish times or hours of attendance
if he won't put it in writing to you then lodge a stage 1 grievance
if he won't put it in writing to you then lodge a stage 1 grievance
-
datasaint
- Posts: 1541
- Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 17:19
- Gender: Male
Hours advice.
For arguments sake, what if the DOM came back and said the times were 2pm til 7pm?zx135 wrote:Send a letter in writing to your dom by recorded delivery ask g for written confirmation of your contracted start and finish times or hours of attendance
if he won't put it in writing to you then lodge a stage 1 grievance
-
IcanthelpthewayIam
- Posts: 4067
- Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
- Gender: Male
Hours advice.
it is something he is allowed to do, if it was a change to that duties recognised start and finish then I would get the rep to lodge a stage 1 disagreement over itnorm wrote:For arguments sake, what if the DOM came back and said the times were 2pm til 7pm?zx135 wrote:Send a letter in writing to your dom by recorded delivery ask g for written confirmation of your contracted start and finish times or hours of attendance
if he won't put it in writing to you then lodge a stage 1 grievance
-
salomon2
- Posts: 103
- Joined: 07 Jan 2016, 10:27
- Gender: Female
Hours advice.
There isn't a start or finish time with these 25 hr contracts, I've got one, it states operational needs. Instead of asking your finish time, ask what round you're on as I find I know what time to come in and everything is ready to tie up, put in the hct and out the door. You don't have to do ot but it's best saying early on so someone else can take any you can't. Always ask how many hours are given to each round as I've missed out before now by not booking enough time.
-
NewPostieUK
- Posts: 2104
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: SickAsAChipLand
Hours advice.
I don't know what a round is but I work 6 hrs a day no matter what duty I'm on. When I was on a 25 hr contract i worked 5 hrs a day. If a duty took 5.5 hrs I claimed the 30 mins overtime. You aren't 'given' so many hrs. You get your 5 (or in my case 6) hours plus any overtime you need to complete (if you want it).salomon2 wrote: Always ask how many hours are given to each round as I've missed out before now by not booking enough time.
-
NewPostieUK
- Posts: 2104
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: SickAsAChipLand
Hours advice.
You can't finish early just because you started early. He probably wasn't very clear (they never are) but what he meant was, could you come in early for some overtime. If your normal start time is 9:00 then that's an hour overtime you get, without affecting your finish time.Leegnufc wrote: Today I started at 8 (the time my manager wanted me in) and wanted to be away for 2,
-
Newbie001
- Posts: 474
- Joined: 30 May 2014, 17:29
- Gender: Male
Hours advice.
There is finish time. It's the same time as everyone else in the office. Managers deliberately fib because they want you to come in early and work for nothing, the uncertainty works for them. The only person getting onto a flier is the f-timer who's supposed to be getting your frame ready. Instead of starting at say 9 Start at 9.30 like you're supposed to. If your frame isn't ready for when you come in, then you can either claim or cut off.salomon2 wrote:There isn't a start or finish time with these 25 hr contracts, I've got one, it states operational needs. Instead of asking your finish time, ask what round you're on as I find I know what time to come in and everything is ready to tie up, put in the hct and out the door. You don't have to do ot but it's best saying early on so someone else can take any you can't. Always ask how many hours are given to each round as I've missed out before now by not booking enough time.
-
ScousePostie
- Posts: 273
- Joined: 29 Jan 2015, 12:26
- Gender: Male
Hours advice.
When I started I was on 25hrs (9:30-2:30).
After 12 months put hrs up to 30hrs (8:30-2:30).
These hours are not specified anywhere in my contract. Only 30hrs is specified. Never worked hours any differently however. But do start at 6:30 when agreed in advance with management, and this is agreed as overtime.
After 12 months put hrs up to 30hrs (8:30-2:30).
These hours are not specified anywhere in my contract. Only 30hrs is specified. Never worked hours any differently however. But do start at 6:30 when agreed in advance with management, and this is agreed as overtime.
-
lightningpostman
- Posts: 271
- Joined: 22 Apr 2015, 20:54
- Gender: Male
Hours advice.
wheres the union stance on this,
every office in the country should have set start end times for part timers.
why is this overlooked?
every office in the country should have set start end times for part timers.
why is this overlooked?
-
Postie45
- Posts: 2160
- Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
- Gender: Male
Hours advice.
because there are variables on when each office will receive their work, you cant have absolute uniform times across the countrylightningpostman wrote:wheres the union stance on this,
every office in the country should have set start end times for part timers.
why is this overlooked?
-
Creditshampoo
- Posts: 1189
- Joined: 06 Oct 2014, 19:48
- Gender: Male
Hours advice.
Offices vary so much. We have 14 full time vacancies they refuse to fill so us 25 hour part timers are doing them trying to get everyone to work to their time even if its just for one week