ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Can I take a day off as unpaid leave?
-
Natagora
- Posts: 37
- Joined: 05 Oct 2011, 18:35
- Gender: Male
Can I take a day off as unpaid leave?
Asked for a Wednesday off in the middle of August but told I can't have it (only one person allowed leave on any single day, despite a workforce of about two hundred). Can't just swap my day off that week because I've got something happening then as well, Sod's law. Can I request it off as unpaid leave? I'll ring in sick if I have to but that's an absolute last resort; don't like doing it and would rather lose a day's pay if needs be.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Can I take a day off as unpaid leave?
No its at the bosses discretion, but also you need a compelling reason to get special leave/
Now that you have asked for the day off I would not recommend going sick as they will be suspicious, and if your manager is a member on here ......
If you are prepared to take it unpaid how about paying someone to do it for you, or swap a day off from another week.
Now that you have asked for the day off I would not recommend going sick as they will be suspicious, and if your manager is a member on here ......
If you are prepared to take it unpaid how about paying someone to do it for you, or swap a day off from another week.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
IcanthelpthewayIam
- Posts: 4067
- Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
- Gender: Male
Can I take a day off as unpaid leave?
calling in sick like this is dishonest, if you can't get the day off by the other methods mentioned then basically tough, you don't have the right to any day you want off, by doing things like this you bring suspicion on people who are genuinely sick not to mention if you were paid any ssp for it you would be falsely claiming it and as such basically defrauding the tax payer.
This isn't the first time you have talked about just calling in sick to get a day off you want.
This isn't the first time you have talked about just calling in sick to get a day off you want.