I've tried a different variety of royal mail shoes. Most are agonising, however the magnum and just painful! They create blisters all over my toes and really mess my feet up by Saturday. Any advice? Do people just wear their own trainers?
Also a few people I've been out with lately are absolutely crazy drivers, iratic, fast and frankly ridiculous. What's the procedure? Do I just report it to the DM? I feel guilty as we get on, but I feel unsafe in the van.
Thanks
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
blistered feet and crazy van drivers...
-
chillout1571
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 82
- Joined: 19 Aug 2015, 18:25
- Gender: Male
-
Chewster
- Posts: 527
- Joined: 15 Jan 2016, 12:34
- Gender: Male
blistered feet and crazy van drivers...
The Magnums are my favourite of the choice RM give us (I believe the Police use Magnums too) but I do tend to prefer more boot like shoes for my big feet. I wear fairly thick socks with mine, and as I have flat feet I bought a good pair of insoles for them. The Magnums do degrade pretty rapidly though. I got my current pair about Christmas time and they are so flat now that I could use them as ice skates, and they are absolute agony as a result.
A lot of people in my office wear their own shoes, personally I'm wearing an old pair of steel toecaps right now because they are actually comfier than anything from RM! Just be aware that if you wear your own shoes and end up hurting yourself, you'll most likely be on your own
A lot of people in my office wear their own shoes, personally I'm wearing an old pair of steel toecaps right now because they are actually comfier than anything from RM! Just be aware that if you wear your own shoes and end up hurting yourself, you'll most likely be on your own
-
chillout1571
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 82
- Joined: 19 Aug 2015, 18:25
- Gender: Male
blistered feet and crazy van drivers...
Chewster wrote:The Magnums are my favourite of the choice RM give us (I believe the Police use Magnums too) but I do tend to prefer more boot like shoes for my big feet. I wear fairly thick socks with mine, and as I have flat feet I bought a good pair of insoles for them. The Magnums do degrade pretty rapidly though. I got my current pair about Christmas time and they are so flat now that I could use them as ice skates, and they are absolute agony as a result.
A lot of people in my office wear their own shoes, personally I'm wearing an old pair of steel toecaps right now because they are actually comfier than anything from RM! Just be aware that if you wear your own shoes and end up hurting yourself, you'll most likely be on your own
Thank you, mine are in bad shape. So I'll ask for some more, get an insole and in the mean time wear my trainers.
-
Chewster
- Posts: 527
- Joined: 15 Jan 2016, 12:34
- Gender: Male
blistered feet and crazy van drivers...
Also, I think you'll find most people are pretty crazy with the vans. I have one fairly regular driver, and I'd honestly feel safer if Evel Knievel was driving the van! It just happens when people pretty much drive for a living, especially when it's NOT their car. Personally I consider myself a decent driver but when I'm driving one of the vans at work (and indeed when I was driving vans and tractors at my last job) I found myself becoming more of a typical "van man" kind of driver despite my best efforts. I never even realised till a member of my squad at my last job mentioned that he didn't think a crew cab Transit tipper truck should really be going 40mph up a farm track..
I suppose you could mention it to a manager, but I imagine that could cause a lot of trouble for the postie in question. Personally I'd mention it to the postie themselves, hopefully they'll be decent about it and calm down.
I suppose you could mention it to a manager, but I imagine that could cause a lot of trouble for the postie in question. Personally I'd mention it to the postie themselves, hopefully they'll be decent about it and calm down.
-
PHARRY
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 327
- Joined: 04 Nov 2013, 17:56
- Gender: Male
blistered feet and crazy van drivers...
chillout1571 wrote:I've tried a different variety of royal mail shoes. Most are agonising, however the magnum and just painful! They create blisters all over my toes and really mess my feet up by Saturday. Any advice? Do people just wear their own trainers?
Also a few people I've been out with lately are absolutely crazy drivers, iratic, fast and frankly ridiculous. What's the procedure? Do I just report it to the DM? I feel guilty as we get on, but I feel unsafe in the van.
Thanks
Don't report him that's a bit shitty
-
datasaint
- Posts: 1541
- Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 17:19
- Gender: Male
blistered feet and crazy van drivers...
If you're not happy with the driving, opt to do the driving on the duty, most drivers would be happy not to have the responsibility. Or mention it to the driver, in a frank but non-challenging way e.g. I'm a really nervous passenger, do you mind calming your driving down because it's making me uncomfortable and stressing me out.
If you go to management you will only stir things up and create resentment. If the above doesn't work have a word with the health & safety rep, or union rep.
If you go to management you will only stir things up and create resentment. If the above doesn't work have a word with the health & safety rep, or union rep.
-
Judgee
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2262
- Joined: 23 Oct 2007, 15:18
blistered feet and crazy van drivers...
If you get a note from your doctor you are allowed to wear your own footwear and RM will pay £20 or £30 towards them.
As for dodgy drivers I'd suggest you just chillout erm chillout!
As for dodgy drivers I'd suggest you just chillout erm chillout!
Union what Union? Do we have a union?