ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Tailors Bunion

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Clashman
Posts: 17
Joined: 11 May 2008, 10:28

Tailors Bunion

Post by Clashman »

Hi,just been diagnosed with a Tailors bunion :thumbdown ,was wondering if anyone else has this and which footwear they find is the most comfortable. I find the CAT boots are ok but struggling with finding suitable trainers for summer.Need something with a wide toe-box it seems.
Spartacus
Posts: 533
Joined: 23 Jun 2007, 16:41
Location: Wales

Tailors Bunion

Post by Spartacus »

Clashman wrote:Hi,just been diagnosed with a Tailors bunion :thumbdown ,was wondering if anyone else has this and which footwear they find is the most comfortable. I find the CAT boots are ok but struggling with finding suitable trainers for summer.Need something with a wide toe-box it seems.

I've got one, first thing stop wearing RM shoes, they're all too narrow, get yourself a proper pair of walking shoes/boots and get the business to contribute to the cost, you've got a legitimate medical reason for not wearing RM shoes.
Delivery

Resistance is fertile
Clashman
Posts: 17
Joined: 11 May 2008, 10:28

Tailors Bunion

Post by Clashman »

I've thrown my Anvils in the bin!! What are you wearing now?
Spartacus
Posts: 533
Joined: 23 Jun 2007, 16:41
Location: Wales

Tailors Bunion

Post by Spartacus »

Clashman wrote:I've thrown my Anvils in the bin!! What are you wearing now?

A pair of merrells with a good sized toe box.

I'd suggest you actually try them on before buying, don't be buying online.

I also wear one of these, adds a bit of extra cushioning http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/161281975576? ... EBIDX%3AIT" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Delivery

Resistance is fertile
Clashman
Posts: 17
Joined: 11 May 2008, 10:28

Tailors Bunion

Post by Clashman »

Okay,thanks for the advice will look into some trainers and also buy some protectors
Dorset Plodder
Posts: 4351
Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
Gender: Male

Tailors Bunion

Post by Dorset Plodder »

Well that's a new one. I'll be looking forward to getting one of them then! :d'oh! I've got normal Bunions, reoccuring Gout and recovered from Plantars! :crazy: I suppose if I had a desk job I'd get Piles! :shock:
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
DB1100
Posts: 1976
Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30

Tailors Bunion

Post by DB1100 »

Dorset Plodder wrote:Well that's a new one. I'll be looking forward to getting one of them then! :d'oh! I've got normal Bunions, reoccuring Gout and recovered from Plantars! :crazy: I suppose if I had a desk job I'd get Piles! :shock:
Knee's next,meniscus tears and or jumpers knee.
For we were soldiers once,and young
peshwaarinaan
Posts: 381
Joined: 29 May 2015, 11:35
Gender: Female

Tailors Bunion

Post by peshwaarinaan »

Dorset Plodder wrote:Well that's a new one. I'll be looking forward to getting one of them then! :d'oh! I've got normal Bunions, reoccuring Gout and recovered from Plantars! :crazy: I suppose if I had a desk job I'd get Piles! :shock:
I've got arthritis in my left ankle coupled with PF and a calcaneal heel spur. The joys of being a Postie!!!
Stormproof
Posts: 6116
Joined: 07 Jul 2007, 21:03
Gender: Female

Tailors Bunion

Post by Stormproof »

I got sent home today because my GP diagnosed Osteoarthritis in my big toe/Bunion. The advice on the Fit Note was to drop down to half distance. DOM went on about liability if I injured myself more and sent me home. Now going to sit on my arse for the next few weeks where I could've been doing something......face don't fecking fit othewise they would've found some indoor work for me if they did'nt want me to go out on delivery.
So keep on moving, moving, moving your feet
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets


Illegitimi non carborundum
Dorset Plodder
Posts: 4351
Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
Gender: Male

Tailors Bunion

Post by Dorset Plodder »

Stormproof wrote:I got sent home today because my GP diagnosed Osteoarthritis in my big toe/Bunion. The advice on the Fit Note was to drop down to half distance. DOM went on about liability if I injured myself more and sent me home. Now going to sit on my arse for the next few weeks where I could've been doing something......face don't fecking fit othewise they would've found some indoor work for me if they did'nt want me to go out on delivery.
Be careful SP....sitting on your arse all day you might piles! :Very Happy
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
Dorset Plodder
Posts: 4351
Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
Gender: Male

Tailors Bunion

Post by Dorset Plodder »

DB1100 wrote:
Dorset Plodder wrote:Well that's a new one. I'll be looking forward to getting one of them then! :d'oh! I've got normal Bunions, reoccuring Gout and recovered from Plantars! :crazy: I suppose if I had a desk job I'd get Piles! :shock:
Knee's next,meniscus tears and or jumpers knee.
I've never seen a bigger bunch of cripples in my life as work for Royal Mail ....And I'm not being nasty..... I'm one of them! God knows how long the current crop are going to struggle on? I suppose RM are just relying on a faster turnover of younger recruits? Can't see it happening, most DOs seem to be having problems recruiting! :cuppa
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
Clashman
Posts: 17
Joined: 11 May 2008, 10:28

Tailors Bunion

Post by Clashman »

It's scary really,especially with the bigger delivery spans we're expecting in the future. Could be a lot of posties being medically retired I imagine.
motherhubbard
Posts: 1001
Joined: 08 Feb 2010, 17:13
Gender: Female
Location: in the cupboard

Tailors Bunion

Post by motherhubbard »

Clashman wrote:Hi,just been diagnosed with a Tailors bunion
Have they explained why you have it?
I would get someone to check your feet to make sure your arches aren't falling.
Never let the hand you hold, hold you down.
Clashman
Posts: 17
Joined: 11 May 2008, 10:28

Tailors Bunion

Post by Clashman »

motherhubbard wrote:
Clashman wrote:Hi,just been diagnosed with a Tailors bunion
Have they explained why you have it?
I would get someone to check your feet to make sure your arches aren't falling.
Yes they are falling, have to wear supporting insoles now, didn't say that was the cause but I imagine it contributed
sequinn
Posts: 71
Joined: 14 Jan 2009, 21:58
Gender: Female

Tailors Bunion

Post by sequinn »

My tailors bunion appeared after wearing orthotics. I think they over corrected my foot. CAT trainers were the most comfortable but RM don't supply them anymore. I bought 2 pairs myself online but was never given any money towards them. Wearing Anvils now but they are too wide but comfortable enough. I wear Merrells out of work but I've noticed that my tailors bunion catches sometimes on the edge of the shoe. My feet are much better now that I'm driving. I thought it was the walking I was doing but it must've been the pressure on the soles of my feet when pedalling that caused my excruciating foot pain, even though I'm walking more and faster!!!!