ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Job Interview
-
arty_morty
- Posts: 282
- Joined: 24 Jun 2010, 13:07
- Gender: Male
- Location: London
Job Interview
I left Royal Mail a year ago as we emigrated to the US. Yesterday I had an interview with the USPS, and fingers-crossed, it seemed to go well. I should hear something in the next day or two.
I staged a Roger Moore impersonator festival in my local village. There were a lot of eyebrows raised, I can tell you.
-
Shaders
- Posts: 218
- Joined: 22 Jun 2010, 07:47
- Gender: Male
- Location: Oop North
Job Interview
Good luck hope you get the job.
Where in the US did you move to?
Where in the US did you move to?
-
arty_morty
- Posts: 282
- Joined: 24 Jun 2010, 13:07
- Gender: Male
- Location: London
Job Interview
Cheers. We're in upstate New York. The office I've applied to is in Ithaca.
I staged a Roger Moore impersonator festival in my local village. There were a lot of eyebrows raised, I can tell you.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Job Interview
arty_morty wrote:Cheers. We're in upstate New York. The office I've applied to is in Ithaca.
Just watch out for those Cops Arty.
https://photographyisnotacrime.com/2016 ... -packages/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Justanotherstar
- Posts: 351
- Joined: 28 Dec 2012, 10:43
- Gender: Male
Job Interview
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:arty_morty wrote:Cheers. We're in upstate New York. The office I've applied to is in Ithaca.
Just watch out for those Cops Arty.
https://photographyisnotacrime.com/2016 ... -packages/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
US Cops arresting a black man for doing his job...shock horror!
-
arty_morty
- Posts: 282
- Joined: 24 Jun 2010, 13:07
- Gender: Male
- Location: London
Job Interview
That's just shocking, but fortunately (I hope) as I would be on a rural route I should be OK.Justanotherstar wrote:TrueBlueTerrier wrote:arty_morty wrote:Cheers. We're in upstate New York. The office I've applied to is in Ithaca.
Just watch out for those Cops Arty.
https://photographyisnotacrime.com/2016 ... -packages/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
US Cops arresting a black man for doing his job...shock horror!
I staged a Roger Moore impersonator festival in my local village. There were a lot of eyebrows raised, I can tell you.
-
datasaint
- Posts: 1541
- Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 17:19
- Gender: Male
Job Interview
How did you manage to get a green card or whatever it's called to allow you to live work/there?
How does the pay compare?
How does the pay compare?
-
arty_morty
- Posts: 282
- Joined: 24 Jun 2010, 13:07
- Gender: Male
- Location: London
Job Interview
My wife is a US citizen so I got my residency that way. As for pay, the starting salary is $32,000. Bearing in mind that the cost of living is lower (£1.50 a gallon of petrol) that is pretty good.norm wrote:How did you manage to get a green card or whatever it's called to allow you to live work/there?
How does the pay compare?
I staged a Roger Moore impersonator festival in my local village. There were a lot of eyebrows raised, I can tell you.