ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Pay increase at 6 months

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Pathfinder
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 208
Joined: 17 Aug 2015, 13:50
Gender: Male

Pay increase at 6 months

Post by Pathfinder »

Does it happen automatically or do I have to go chasing it?

Thanks
doorstepped
Posts: 1063
Joined: 10 Oct 2011, 23:17
Gender: Male
Location: Somewhere west of London

Pay increase at 6 months

Post by doorstepped »

will happen automatically at 6 months and 12 months
Pathfinder
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 208
Joined: 17 Aug 2015, 13:50
Gender: Male

Pay increase at 6 months

Post by Pathfinder »

Oki thanks!
Chewster
Posts: 527
Joined: 15 Jan 2016, 12:34
Gender: Male

Pay increase at 6 months

Post by Chewster »

I don't think I got one at 6 months!? I did get a fairly beefy one at 12 months though so I must have got them both in one. I say I got one at 12 months, I had to go chasing it. Your managers should sort it out for you if it doesn't happen automatically but I had to go chasing HR as managers are bone idle and like saying "oh I don't know" when you ask them anything. In case more of us get caught out (again?), are 6 and 12 months the only times our wages get increased?
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Pay increase at 6 months

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Chewster wrote:I don't think I got one at 6 months!? I did get a fairly beefy one at 12 months though so I must have got them both in one. I say I got one at 12 months, I had to go chasing it. Your managers should sort it out for you if it doesn't happen automatically but I had to go chasing HR as managers are bone idle and like saying "oh I don't know" when you ask them anything. In case more of us get caught out (again?), are 6 and 12 months the only times our wages get increased?
Yes for permanent and temporary employees.

Agency workers have an extra one at 12 weeks because of the AWR ruling a few years ago,
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.