ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
New Trainers
-
deggyg
- Posts: 65
- Joined: 14 Jul 2009, 15:18
- Gender: Male
New Trainers
Wore them for the first time today, within an hour I had blisters on two of my toes, who the hell actually approves them?
Needless to say after an hour I drove home and chucked them in the bin, put on some walking boots I have and they were spot on.
Needless to say after an hour I drove home and chucked them in the bin, put on some walking boots I have and they were spot on.
-
NewPostieUK
- Posts: 2104
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: SickAsAChipLand
New Trainers
How long did you break them in for?deggyg wrote:Wore them for the first time today, within an hour I had blisters on two of my toes, who the hell actually approves them?
Needless to say after an hour I drove home and chucked them in the bin, put on some walking boots I have and they were spot on.
-
deggyg
- Posts: 65
- Joined: 14 Jul 2009, 15:18
- Gender: Male
New Trainers
This was the first day of wearing them, Dr Martins I can understand breaking in.......but trainers? Ffs I buy my normal trainers out of the shoe shop and I've never had to break them in, what kind of cheap s**t are they buying?
-
datasaint
- Posts: 1541
- Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 17:19
- Gender: Male
New Trainers
Why would you throw away a nearly new pair of shoes? Put them in a clothes bank. 
-
mancpat
- Posts: 85
- Joined: 09 Feb 2010, 12:36
- Gender: Male
New Trainers
Anvil or yds?
Or is this one of the new trial pair?
The anvil and yds are shocking. I'd like to see the sickness stats since they've been brought in. I'd bet foot injuries have increased a lot.
Or is this one of the new trial pair?
The anvil and yds are shocking. I'd like to see the sickness stats since they've been brought in. I'd bet foot injuries have increased a lot.
-
Shaders
- Posts: 218
- Joined: 22 Jun 2010, 07:47
- Gender: Male
- Location: Oop North
New Trainers
Anvils and YDS both fine for me, never had a problem with any RM footwear, except wearing out very quickly
-
Chewster
- Posts: 527
- Joined: 15 Jan 2016, 12:34
- Gender: Male
New Trainers
The Anvil trainers have always been fine for me, except for wearing out very quickly as someone said. I've got the Magnum shoes right now which are also very good and look like they'll last a lot longer. I've got a pair of the Caterpillar boots sitting in my garage right now because they are the most uncomfortable things known to man. The cuff on them has rubbed my ankles red raw on every occasion that I've tried to wear them! I just can't get them to break in. I was thinking of running them over in my car to break them in, I've heard that that's what the RAF and Army lads do with theirs...I've also heard that they piss on them to soften the leather but I think I might give that a miss...
-
Anonymouse
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 174
- Joined: 02 Jun 2012, 22:20
- Gender: Male
New Trainers
My anvils felt like actual anvils attached to my feet for about a week. After that they're bearable.
Doesn't take long for their sole to wear down however and it's like walking on ice when it's raining.
Doesn't take long for their sole to wear down however and it's like walking on ice when it's raining.
-
psyCrowe
- Posts: 57
- Joined: 23 Feb 2016, 12:28
- Gender: Male
New Trainers
CAT trainers were the best, but wore out far too quickly.
YDS ...Shocking
Anvil - not bad, but clunky, like someone said above, feel like actual anvils. The tread has got to be one of the most stupid designs ever.
Magnum shoes - best of a bad bunch really!
At the end of the day, everyone's different and has their own preference.
For a company like RM, the footwear quality is shocking.
YDS ...Shocking
Anvil - not bad, but clunky, like someone said above, feel like actual anvils. The tread has got to be one of the most stupid designs ever.
Magnum shoes - best of a bad bunch really!
At the end of the day, everyone's different and has their own preference.
For a company like RM, the footwear quality is shocking.
-
daveyeff
- Posts: 4699
- Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
- Gender: Male
New Trainers
ive pissed on my shoes a few times over the years. coppers seen me doing it a few times as wellChewster wrote:The Anvil trainers have always been fine for me, except for wearing out very quickly as someone said. I've got the Magnum shoes right now which are also very good and look like they'll last a lot longer. I've got a pair of the Caterpillar boots sitting in my garage right now because they are the most uncomfortable things known to man. The cuff on them has rubbed my ankles red raw on every occasion that I've tried to wear them! I just can't get them to break in. I was thinking of running them over in my car to break them in, I've heard that that's what the RAF and Army lads do with theirs...I've also heard that they piss on them to soften the leather but I think I might give that a miss...
-
fb1969
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1693
- Joined: 29 Aug 2012, 08:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: hiding on the backstreets
New Trainers
Love the CAT trainers, comfortable and no need to break them in - but six weeks at most before the tread has gone.
Now trying to break in a pair of YDS and so far they are the most uncomfortable and painful things I have ever put on my feet - still, I am sure they have saved RM a bit of money!
Now trying to break in a pair of YDS and so far they are the most uncomfortable and painful things I have ever put on my feet - still, I am sure they have saved RM a bit of money!
Royal Mail
failing the workforce, failing the public and deliberately failing mail on a daily basis for too many years.
failing the workforce, failing the public and deliberately failing mail on a daily basis for too many years.
-
robbertwhitton
- Posts: 1132
- Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
- Gender: Male
New Trainers
Me too anvil are fine for me no complaints!Shaders wrote:Anvils and YDS both fine for me, never had a problem with any RM footwear, except wearing out very quickly
-
rambo1
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3266
- Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 20:00
- Gender: Male
New Trainers
Lol. Post of the day!Anonymouse wrote:My anvils felt like actual anvils attached to my feet for about a week. After that they're bearable.
Doesn't take long for their sole to wear down however and it's like walking on ice when it's raining.
-
pinstripe
- Posts: 2474
- Joined: 25 May 2007, 16:42
- Gender: Male
- Location: 2 left turns from reality
New Trainers
I know we all like to knock RM, especially about footwear. It's been that way for the past 15 years, but just imagine how much our privatised RM would save if we had to provide our own boots or shoes.
Like everything else in RM, the quality of uniform has declined considerably.
Like everything else in RM, the quality of uniform has declined considerably.
-
psyCrowe
- Posts: 57
- Joined: 23 Feb 2016, 12:28
- Gender: Male
New Trainers
I prefer the trousers and stormproof jacket from nowadays to be fair.pinstripe wrote:I know we all like to knock RM, especially about footwear. It's been that way for the past 15 years, but just imagine how much our privatised RM would save if we had to provide our own boots or shoes.
Like everything else in RM, the quality of uniform has declined considerably.
If RM could get away with that, there would be no question!
They should invest in a company that will make a proper urban walking boot / shoe, with adequate support and waterproofing etc