ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Ghost Overtime

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
super-postie
Posts: 94
Joined: 30 Jul 2015, 06:48
Gender: Male

Ghost Overtime

Post by super-postie »

Is it allowed for a part timer to be paid overtime (to make their hours to full time) even if they finish early.
Is this ghost overtime? Seems unfair to me as the rest of part timers have a battle to get paid for actual hours worked.
Sir Henry
Posts: 1316
Joined: 24 Oct 2014, 00:33
Gender: Male

Ghost Overtime

Post by Sir Henry »

Ghost overtime? You mean there's no respite from the constant hassle of Linos seeking some mug to work until teatime, even after death?
"A third of the world's farmland is now useless due to soil degradation, yet we still keep producing mouths to feed. And what's you answer to that? Energy saving lightbulbs?"
bensonhedge
Posts: 448
Joined: 15 Mar 2010, 20:14
Gender: Male

Ghost Overtime

Post by bensonhedge »

I do ghost most days,wouldn't do extra loops for them if it meant going over my time.
NewPostieUK
Posts: 2104
Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
Gender: Male
Location: SickAsAChipLand

Ghost Overtime

Post by NewPostieUK »

bensonhedge wrote:I do ghost most days,wouldn't do extra loops for them if it meant going over my time.
This is outrageous and makes me sick. Your manager should be sacked.

Most people struggle to finish on time, go over just to complete and struggle to get paid for that extra time taken, yet you get given money for nothing.
super-postie
Posts: 94
Joined: 30 Jul 2015, 06:48
Gender: Male

Ghost Overtime

Post by super-postie »

Hey, you must work in my office! But its annoying some folk getting paid for not even working and us idiots battling to justify why we'll be over by half an hour and getting "nobody else claims on that duty" failing to take into account they start early, take d2ds home to collate, run round and dont take a break. If this was taken ino account Id be hailed as Superpostie! Hence my username:)
super-postie
Posts: 94
Joined: 30 Jul 2015, 06:48
Gender: Male

Ghost Overtime

Post by super-postie »

So I guess its allowed in some offices and outlawed in others. Id take it if it was on offer so cant blame you guys. Typical that it varies from office to office. Another example of great management.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Ghost Overtime

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

NewPostieUK wrote:
bensonhedge wrote:I do ghost most days,wouldn't do extra loops for them if it meant going over my time.
This is outrageous and makes me sick. Your manager should be sacked.

Most people struggle to finish on time, go over just to complete and struggle to get paid for that extra time taken, yet you get given money for nothing.
He may also struggle to finish on time but won't do overtime unless he gets a bit extra. It's capitalism for the working man.

I don't support it, but I can't condemn it either,
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
hans solo
Posts: 3285
Joined: 06 Feb 2011, 18:08
Gender: Male

Ghost Overtime

Post by hans solo »

you should be reporting any manager authorising ghost overtime to ib it is serious fraud
bensonhedge
Posts: 448
Joined: 15 Mar 2010, 20:14
Gender: Male

Ghost Overtime

Post by bensonhedge »

NewPostieUK wrote:
bensonhedge wrote:I do ghost most days,wouldn't do extra loops for them if it meant going over my time.
This is outrageous and makes me sick. Your manager should be sacked.

Most people struggle to finish on time, go over just to complete and struggle to get paid for that extra time taken, yet you get given money for nothing.
Hold on a minute,how do I get given money for nothing when I'm doing extra loops on overtime??? Just because I can complete in my time is not my fault is it? Guess you like to drag it out all day? That makes me sick
greengiant
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1268
Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
Gender: Male

Ghost Overtime

Post by greengiant »

bensonhedge wrote:
NewPostieUK wrote:
bensonhedge wrote:I do ghost most days,wouldn't do extra loops for them if it meant going over my time.
This is outrageous and makes me sick. Your manager should be sacked.

Most people struggle to finish on time, go over just to complete and struggle to get paid for that extra time taken, yet you get given money for nothing.
Hold on a minute,how do I get given money for nothing when I'm doing extra loops on overtime??? Just because I can complete in my time is not my fault is it? Guess you like to drag it out all day? That makes me sick
It's not overtime if it is done within your duty time though?
citypostie
Posts: 895
Joined: 08 Apr 2009, 19:42
Gender: Male

Ghost Overtime

Post by citypostie »

greengiant wrote:
bensonhedge wrote:
NewPostieUK wrote:
bensonhedge wrote:I do ghost most days,wouldn't do extra loops for them if it meant going over my time.
This is outrageous and makes me sick. Your manager should be sacked.

Most people struggle to finish on time, go over just to complete and struggle to get paid for that extra time taken, yet you get given money for nothing.
Hold on a minute,how do I get given money for nothing when I'm doing extra loops on overtime??? Just because I can complete in my time is not my fault is it? Guess you like to drag it out all day? That makes me sick
It's not overtime if it is done within your duty time though?
Well it is isn't it, otherwise he would just go home early and let the lino go out and pound the streets! Win win situation for Benson who earns extra and lino who stays inside and warm
Mikky
Posts: 18
Joined: 11 Aug 2012, 17:25
Gender: Male

Ghost Overtime

Post by Mikky »

super-postie wrote:Is it allowed for a part timer to be paid overtime (to make their hours to full time) even if they finish early.
Is this ghost overtime? Seems unfair to me as the rest of part timers have a battle to get paid for actual hours worked.
If you do a full time duty you should negotiate the same hours as a full timer would get for the duty.
If you are asked to come in later at least make sure you are being paid until there finish time.
bensonhedge
Posts: 448
Joined: 15 Mar 2010, 20:14
Gender: Male

Ghost Overtime

Post by bensonhedge »

People would think I was the office planner judging by some replies on here! If I wanna wizz round and earn an extra 2 hrs docket surely that's MY choice!
taxi4leighton
Posts: 343
Joined: 11 Oct 2007, 14:05

Ghost Overtime

Post by taxi4leighton »

what about part time posties who work overtime everyday to get a decent wage
but when their on leave or off sick just get paid their contracted hours?.
and doesnt count towards their pension
this is the real scandal
bensonhedge
Posts: 448
Joined: 15 Mar 2010, 20:14
Gender: Male

Ghost Overtime

Post by bensonhedge »

taxi4leighton wrote:what about part time posties who work overtime everyday to get a decent wage
but when their on leave or off sick just get paid their contracted hours?.
and doesnt count towards their pension
this is the real scandal
I'm with you there but I'm FT so it don't really affect me