ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Special delivery cockups

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
bigal383
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 492
Joined: 11 Dec 2012, 16:20
Gender: Male

Special delivery cockups

Post by bigal383 »

These things are getting daft the ones through dutsche post , always keep them in a separate box but they look identical too thee hundreds we get as normal packets been here for six year now ,if you lose one or post one through by mistake how do they handle this if you can't remember, let's face it it's a common mistake now but how does your office handle losing one or miss delivering one
GT85
Posts: 365
Joined: 26 Nov 2013, 20:02
Gender: Male
Location: ASDO

Special delivery cockups

Post by GT85 »

As you say all the foreign ones look the same as any other packets, that's why I write on it when I get it out of the locker so I know what needs to be treated as a special and what doesn't.
We're all here because we're not all there
maninred
Posts: 213
Joined: 26 Nov 2010, 20:11
Gender: Male
Location: In trouble....again

Special delivery cockups

Post by maninred »

Any of these that I receive in a green bag I mark SPECIAL on them in a permanent marker. I helps the postmen when they get them from the RLE and me when I have to put them away if they come back!
simply_the_best
Posts: 594
Joined: 24 Sep 2007, 10:29

Special delivery cockups

Post by simply_the_best »

We write the duty number on all specials after allocating them in the locker.
Surreypostie
Posts: 999
Joined: 04 Aug 2013, 21:05
Gender: Male

Special delivery cockups

Post by Surreypostie »

Scan everything, if it is accepted by the PDA, if it says sign, they sign, if it is ok to deliver then pop it through the box. We get items from the US that don't need to be signed for handed to us by the opg in the cage, general feeling is the mail centres put them through to up their figures.
Mezza
Posts: 405
Joined: 14 Sep 2007, 21:56
Location: West London

Special delivery cockups

Post by Mezza »

All items given to you by the RLE should be classed as Specials and kept seperate from the normal mail anyway.

As previously posted - if it has a barcode you should be scanning it regardless.

As far as the callers is concerned they are called international signed for items.

Also don't forget that the scan you undertake is part of a much bigger picture and helps towards our company profits - therefore your share dividend :-)
SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 12185
Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
Gender: Male

Special delivery cockups

Post by SpacePhoenix »

Surreypostie wrote:general feeling is the mail centres put them through to up their figures.
We get two types of foreign special, some come with a large white label, some with a red and white label, both types come through to MCs as specials and have to go through to DOs as specials. It's down to what reciprocal agreements RM has with the postal operators in other countries
dennis12
Posts: 37
Joined: 18 Jun 2013, 19:46
Gender: Male

Special delivery cockups

Post by dennis12 »

Ii agree with what you say but how can something that may take weeks to arrive from some far off country possibly be time sensitive to 1pm.
maninred
Posts: 213
Joined: 26 Nov 2010, 20:11
Gender: Male
Location: In trouble....again

Special delivery cockups

Post by maninred »

dennis12 wrote:Ii agree with what you say but how can something that may take weeks to arrive from some far off country possibly be time sensitive to 1pm.
The foreign one's aren't time sensitive.
nickbsmooth
Posts: 279
Joined: 25 Jan 2013, 14:19
Gender: Male
Location: South East

Special delivery cockups

Post by nickbsmooth »

I had a US one treat as a special,postage was $5 value of goods was apparently $15. I bet you couldn't get something sent to US with sign for special status for £3.50
Chewster
Posts: 527
Joined: 15 Jan 2016, 12:34
Gender: Male

Special delivery cockups

Post by Chewster »

To be honest, I normally don't treat the foreign ones as a special. I mark them as "special" purely so that I don't forget about them, but as far as I've been led to believe, they aren't time sensitive so they get delivered when they get delivered. The customer has probably been waiting the best part of a week for the item anyway, and they probably don't even know it's coming on that day at all!