ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

I'm outta here!

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Altrider
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 81
Joined: 12 Feb 2013, 17:29
Gender: Male

I'm outta here!

Post by Altrider »

:nana :nana :nana :nana :nana :nana :nana :nana

P45 arrived this morning - I have officially left the building.....and have started new career that doesn't have unsociable hours and a workload that's close on impossible to complete.

So :wave :wave :wave :wave :wave :wave to five hour trudges in the rain, :wave :wave :wave Christmas pressure, Spring pressure and year-round summer lapsing :wave :wave :wave :wave.
rob smith
Posts: 10
Joined: 27 Apr 2010, 16:31
Gender: Male

I'm outta here!

Post by rob smith »

Well done you,am sure plenty more will follow this year
chelseachris
Posts: 164
Joined: 26 Mar 2010, 14:28
Gender: Male

I'm outta here!

Post by chelseachris »

Good bye and good luck in your new venture.
In The Know
Posts: 50
Joined: 20 Jul 2015, 18:11
Gender: Male

I'm outta here!

Post by In The Know »

rob smith wrote:Well done you,am sure plenty more will follow this year
RM is going to be on its knees in the not too distant future. Get out when you can :thumbup
bluealbert
Posts: 176
Joined: 09 Mar 2011, 16:13
Gender: Male

I'm outta here!

Post by bluealbert »

Just wait till October when everyone gets their free shares mass exodus :nana
toomuchcoke
Posts: 309
Joined: 05 Jun 2011, 18:15
Gender: Male

I'm outta here!

Post by toomuchcoke »

bluealbert wrote:Just wait till October when everyone gets their free shares mass exodus :nana
... and probably a tanking share price as people try to sell them all at once? (Indeed, I wouldn't be too surprised if the share price starts to tank before we can sell them due to people expecting a noticeable percentage of the company to come onto the market at once and shorting the shares in expectation of that.)
Robtor
Posts: 104
Joined: 11 Nov 2010, 11:25
Gender: Male

I'm outta here!

Post by Robtor »

toomuchcoke wrote:
bluealbert wrote:Just wait till October when everyone gets their free shares mass exodus :nana
... and probably a tanking share price as people try to sell them all at once? (Indeed, I wouldn't be too surprised if the share price starts to tank before we can sell them due to people expecting a noticeable percentage of the company to come onto the market at once and shorting the shares in expectation of that.)
Been planning the "big short" for 2 years now! :cool :crazy:
Postie45
Posts: 2160
Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
Gender: Male

I'm outta here!

Post by Postie45 »

the market is too smart for that, it may go down a little before october but real investors will realise theyre getting value on a flooded market so i doubt the price will go down hugely
rhino49
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1644
Joined: 04 Jun 2007, 21:50
Gender: Male
Location: At home with my feet up

I'm outta here!

Post by rhino49 »

In The Know wrote:
rob smith wrote:Well done you,am sure plenty more will follow this year
RM is going to be on its knees in the not too distant future. Get out when you can :thumbup
Royal Mail will never be on it's knees - only it's employees.
It is moving to the principle of employing an expendable and continually replaceable workforce with the older skills and abilities no longer necessary to achieve it's aims. A mass exodus of employees, especially older streetwise ones, will be only a minor inconvenience for the company but may make a few managers work harder.
We wish to serve - but we will not be servile
GRS
Posts: 826
Joined: 15 Jun 2015, 18:38
Gender: Female
Location: South West

I'm outta here!

Post by GRS »

bluealbert wrote:Just wait till October when everyone gets their free shares mass exodus :nana
Don't know what it's like in your office but where I work so many people have been leaving for years and yet the funny thing is they never do. Been here 25 years and discounting retirees I could count the people who've actually left on one hand. Can't see a couple of grand for some shares really adding to that figure either as that money would be gone in no time.
Postie45
Posts: 2160
Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
Gender: Male

I'm outta here!

Post by Postie45 »

GRS wrote:
bluealbert wrote:Just wait till October when everyone gets their free shares mass exodus :nana
Don't know what it's like in your office but where I work so many people have been leaving for years and yet the funny thing is they never do. Been here 25 years and discounting retirees I could count the people who've actually left on one hand. Can't see a couple of grand for some shares really adding to that figure either as that money would be gone in no time.
and not while theres potential of large scale VR... if and when thats offered we`ll see if people really want to leave or not