ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

probation...

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
chillout1571
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 82
Joined: 19 Aug 2015, 18:25
Gender: Male

probation...

Post by chillout1571 »

So next week is my 6 month 'anniversary'. I just wondered, do they call you in about your probation situation? Or do you just carry on? I was offered a permanent contract after two months, so I don't need to discuss contracts. I haven't had any warnings or anything, but I was poorly for two days. Do most people just breeze through the probation normally? Also is there a small pay increase after 6 months?
Thanks.
Creditshampoo
Posts: 1189
Joined: 06 Oct 2014, 19:48
Gender: Male

probation...

Post by Creditshampoo »

If it's anything like what happened to me and everyone else I know your pay will go up 50pence an hour automatically and manager will even mention about the 6 months being up.
I asked and they laughed said not to worry
greengiant
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1268
Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
Gender: Male

probation...

Post by greengiant »

Only way I realised my probation was up, was when I got my 50p an hour pay increase. So check your payslip! Didn't hear a thing from management about the probation being up.