ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Quit the job, AL pay
-
johnstonsj
- Posts: 6
- Joined: 07 Aug 2015, 11:15
- Gender: Male
Quit the job, AL pay
I've recently quit the job and am certain I have 4/5 days of untaken annual leave worked up. What would be the best procedure to take if Royal Mail management procure their usual corrupt tricks and fall foul of paying me this? The manager responsible for payroll in particular is off on AL and seems very unco-operative with this already. I am expecting a fight for my rightful money.
-
Darren Bent
- Posts: 2150
- Joined: 05 Oct 2007, 15:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: Pride Park, Derby, DE24 8XL
Quit the job, AL pay
I assume HR in Sheffield will pay it so it should be ok as the system should calculate correct amount, but keep an eye on it. You probably get 4 days pay and 2 left as you haven't work full 52 weeks.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Quit the job, AL pay
I notice from a previous post that you quit in late January. If so then you may have no days left at all, at most you would have 30.5 days (22.5 days plus 8 bank holidays). You accrue them at 2.5 days per month. As you quit 2 months before the new leave year (all Feb and march) that would mean you have not accrued the 5 days you think they owe you.
In essence, you didn't work long enough to earn the 5 days you think you are owed.
In essence, you didn't work long enough to earn the 5 days you think you are owed.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.