ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Redirections
-
Barbel
- Posts: 593
- Joined: 21 Sep 2012, 16:11
- Gender: Male
Redirections
How long do the free redirections last if you work for RM? I moved 6 months ago and have one in place but still keep getting mail through at my old address. I was lead to believe it was free for a year but I could be wrong, either that or someone isn't doing their redirections properly.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Redirections
Barbel wrote:How long do the free redirections last if you work for RM? I moved 6 months ago and have one in place but still keep getting mail through at my old address. I was lead to believe it was free for a year but I could be wrong, either that or someone isn't doing their redirections properly.
Mine for a deceased parent is for 2 years, and you should have got a letter at both addresses when it started and when in finishes.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Barbel
- Posts: 593
- Joined: 21 Sep 2012, 16:11
- Gender: Male
Redirections
Ok thanks, yes I did get a letter but can't find it. 
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Redirections
http://www.royalmail.com/business/help/ ... d-premises" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
0345 777 7888 is the redirection team, check the page and give them a call.
0345 777 7888 is the redirection team, check the page and give them a call.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Lou84
- Posts: 162
- Joined: 09 May 2012, 21:42
- Gender: Female
Redirections
It depends how long you selected on the form, think it was 6 months or a year
-
Barbel
- Posts: 593
- Joined: 21 Sep 2012, 16:11
- Gender: Male
Redirections
I've just called the number and I do in fact have a redirection for a year. I wouldn't mind if it was just bills or junk going through to the old address but it was an important doctors appointment that went through.
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Redirections
When you've got a Redirection in place you're the same as any other customer. If it's not being redirected phone up Customer Services and report it! I've got no time for Lazy Bastards that don't do the job properly. Fair enough if it's happened once or twice maybe a mistake, but if it's happening regularly someone's not doing their job properly.
If you contact the Delivery Office directly you normally get the old, "Yeah I'll have a word with him about it". And Bugger All gets done about it. If it goes through the Clio system at least the DOMs got to get of his fat arse and do something about it.
If you contact the Delivery Office directly you normally get the old, "Yeah I'll have a word with him about it". And Bugger All gets done about it. If it goes through the Clio system at least the DOMs got to get of his fat arse and do something about it.
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
Justanotherstar
- Posts: 351
- Joined: 28 Dec 2012, 10:43
- Gender: Male
Redirections
You've probably got a lazy s**t on that walk who doesn't bother doing them, amazing how many get away with it.
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Redirections
Exactly my point JAS. This Business is looking to shed jobs in the long term.....and you just know that it's not going to be the "Dead Wood" that's got rid of (it never is). Too many idle bastards in this job get away with murder, on a daily basis. Putting extra work onto their colleagues who are just trying to do the job properly and creating a false impression about the balance of duties/work within their Delivery offices.Justanotherstar wrote:You've probably got a lazy s**t on that walk who doesn't bother doing them, amazing how many get away with it.
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
stan_lers
- Posts: 136
- Joined: 04 Nov 2014, 21:52
- Gender: Male
Redirections
I had a free redirection for me and my girlfriend about 2 years ago. All of her mail was getting redirected but I never got a single letter with a redirection sticker on it. I changed most of my addresses for everything I could think of and I get almost zero junk mail, so it could just be that I didn't get anything at the old address for them to redirect.
I went to the callers at my local DO and asked about it and I think I did eventually get one single letter redirected, so I don't know what happened.
I went to the callers at my local DO and asked about it and I think I did eventually get one single letter redirected, so I don't know what happened.
-
Barbel
- Posts: 593
- Joined: 21 Sep 2012, 16:11
- Gender: Male
Redirections
It's happened before a few months back but I just let it go as we can all make the odd mistake, but having missed an appointment because of it I've had to put a complaint in..This particular round with my old address on is part of a flex and has different people doing it all the time so probably a rush job as well as their main round.
-
Tracycot
- Posts: 16
- Joined: 30 Apr 2015, 22:44
- Gender: Female
Redirections
I work for Royal Mail my daughter doesn't live with me . She is moving house this weekend can I get her mail redirected for her ?
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Redirections
I'd give it a try Tracycot. Nothing to loose. We get very little from this Business in the way of perks (check out the recent statement)Tracycot wrote:I work for Royal Mail my daughter doesn't live with me . She is moving house this weekend can I get her mail redirected for her ?
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
Tracycot
- Posts: 16
- Joined: 30 Apr 2015, 22:44
- Gender: Female
Redirections
Thank. You , yes she has still got the same surname I will give it a try ' I'm sure when I had my induction day I thought someone said we got free redirections , fingers crossed .