ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Doing overtime in another DO/unit from your DO.

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
themailman
Posts: 399
Joined: 09 Jun 2010, 21:05
Gender: Male

Doing overtime in another DO/unit from your DO.

Post by themailman »

Been doing a bit of overtime recently and looking to do more (on my day off), but was wondering if it's allowable to ask at other local DO's (I drive past 2 on my way to work) if they have overtime going. Obviously I would need to look into whether there is indeed O/T going in that office after all staff there have been asked first, and also check if there is any official/unofficial ban on O/T in place in these places.
woopesh
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 230
Joined: 30 Dec 2015, 22:02
Gender: Male

Doing overtime in another DO/unit from your DO.

Post by woopesh »

In my interview they told me you could do overtime in any Royal Mail DO. My colleagues who are reserves also do overtime in various offices. Maybe pop in with your ID and see the various managers?
IcanthelpthewayIam
Posts: 4067
Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
Gender: Male

Doing overtime in another DO/unit from your DO.

Post by IcanthelpthewayIam »

Do you have business car insurance
woopesh
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 230
Joined: 30 Dec 2015, 22:02
Gender: Male

Doing overtime in another DO/unit from your DO.

Post by woopesh »

zx135 wrote:Do you have business car insurance
Good point. I switched my car insurance to business cover specifically for this purpose. Not sure if it made a difference to my premium because I added another driver at the same time. I am sure if the "business" miles are low, it won't make much difference.
themailman
Posts: 399
Joined: 09 Jun 2010, 21:05
Gender: Male

Doing overtime in another DO/unit from your DO.

Post by themailman »

zx135 wrote:Do you have business car insurance
To be honest, the DO that is closest to me is a 15 minute walk away, so I would probably just walk/cycle there.