ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

PDA Straps

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
gone postal
Posts: 98
Joined: 16 May 2012, 19:30
Gender: Male

PDA Straps

Post by gone postal »

We have been told by our DOM that PDA straps that break will now no longer be replaced.
From a health & safety point this cannot be right. I would be interested to hear from anyone
else if they have come across this. Cheers
dave72
Posts: 415
Joined: 30 Nov 2010, 14:54
Gender: Male

PDA Straps

Post by dave72 »

Not had one on mine for months, the stupid little plastic straps at the bottom broke so I just unclipped the flapping strap off
spiro
Posts: 5
Joined: 17 Nov 2013, 16:13
Gender: Male

PDA Straps

Post by spiro »

Mine broke ages ago, I just put my PDA in the side pocket of my trousers now.
datasaint
Posts: 1541
Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 17:19
Gender: Male

PDA Straps

Post by datasaint »

There are so many shortfalls of the existing PDAs. What baffles me the most is the charging docks in the vans, the metal pin interface on the PDA actually damages the docking connector after a relatively short space of time, it's not fit for purpose at all.
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

PDA Straps

Post by Lounge Lizard »

But we will all be getting new PDAs "soon". :cuppa :cuppa :cuppa
ewancurze
Posts: 400
Joined: 22 Jun 2010, 19:25
Gender: Male

PDA Straps

Post by ewancurze »

We were told the same,I think after a couple got dropped and damaged they changed their mind, as this week they all suddenly have straps.
DB1100
Posts: 1976
Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30

PDA Straps

Post by DB1100 »

We are using some that have the glass cover over the laser broken,some that have the batteries held on by black and nasty,it's a fecking shambles.
For we were soldiers once,and young
maninred
Posts: 213
Joined: 26 Nov 2010, 20:11
Gender: Male
Location: In trouble....again

PDA Straps

Post by maninred »

I log PDA's with broken straps on the IT Self Service Centre as a damaged PDA.

A replacement PDA is normally sent out the next day.
gone postal
Posts: 98
Joined: 16 May 2012, 19:30
Gender: Male

PDA Straps

Post by gone postal »

maninred wrote:I log PDA's with broken straps on the IT Self Service Centre as a damaged PDA.

A replacement PDA is normally sent out the next day.
:
Cheers for that I will let our locker guy know
ThatsNotPlumb
Posts: 165
Joined: 08 Feb 2012, 22:33
Gender: Male

PDA Straps

Post by ThatsNotPlumb »

The batteries are a far bigger issue than the straps. Lifted one out on Saturday before I left it was at 100%, 30 minutes later it was beeping at me telling me it had low battery with it flickering between 15% & 40%.