evening all
I transfered offices a while back and signed a 27.5 hour per week contract and was advised by my manager that I will be actually working a 28.5 week and the manager will update my hours,
I have been waiting 15 weeks for this update to happen and have spoken to my union rep who has had a word with my manager and his manager and even the managers manager :-/
It seems like it's just being brushed under the carpet and kept there just like the reserves long weekends and difficult to get sorted, I know it's an hour a week but going on for 15 weeks which I'm now owed accounts for a lot of money
Help please? Thanks
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
contracted hours wrong!!
-
IcanthelpthewayIam
- Posts: 4067
- Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
- Gender: Male
Re: contracted hours wrong!!
Why have you not been claiming ot for the last 15 weeks?
-
pulling13
- Posts: 31
- Joined: 21 May 2014, 17:41
- Gender: Male
Re: contracted hours wrong!!
I have been arguing this for 15 weeks and was told by the manager before this one i will get the hour paid, this new manager came in and now its stopped.
seems like the union cant do much about it either as its gone higher but seems to get forgotten about quick enough, meanwhile im moaning weekly to the union and the manager but getting nowhere.
I dont know what else to do,
seems like the union cant do much about it either as its gone higher but seems to get forgotten about quick enough, meanwhile im moaning weekly to the union and the manager but getting nowhere.
I dont know what else to do,
-
IcanthelpthewayIam
- Posts: 4067
- Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
- Gender: Male
Re: contracted hours wrong!!
If your working the hour then claim it up until the contract is changed on psp
-
wannabeek
- Posts: 996
- Joined: 27 Apr 2011, 00:49
- Gender: Male
Re: contracted hours wrong!!
15 weeks? I hope that this is not continuing - i.e. you are only working your hours now?
-
pulling13
- Posts: 31
- Joined: 21 May 2014, 17:41
- Gender: Male
Re: contracted hours wrong!!
we dont have an overtime book, its got to get reported through the manager, see my problem im having, been tempted with an employment tribunal
-
wannabeek
- Posts: 996
- Joined: 27 Apr 2011, 00:49
- Gender: Male
Re: contracted hours wrong!!
There was a famous guy round our neck of the woods, long gone now, was cheesed off by management in a not totally dissimilar situation to yours. He worked his contracted hours during the week and could be home after only a couple of hours at work every Saturday. Don't know much about your situation but I bet my guy's solution gave more of a ball-ache to management than any tribunal could have accomplished.
Last edited by wannabeek on 30 Dec 2015, 21:25, edited 1 time in total.
-
pulling13
- Posts: 31
- Joined: 21 May 2014, 17:41
- Gender: Male
Re: contracted hours wrong!!
do you think i have the right to tell the manager im working 27.5 hours a week and i will finish 1 hour early on saturdays, plus ill be claiming my time owed back from time off
-
wannabeek
- Posts: 996
- Joined: 27 Apr 2011, 00:49
- Gender: Male
Re: contracted hours wrong!!
I'm not a rep, just telling what someone I knew did and carried on doing for ages. Have you a rep that you can discuss this possibility with if it suits you? From my layman's perspective, you're being paid for set hours every week and every minute you work beyond that is voluntary, no matter what day of the week it is.
Last edited by wannabeek on 30 Dec 2015, 21:16, edited 1 time in total.
-
IcanthelpthewayIam
- Posts: 4067
- Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
- Gender: Male
Re: contracted hours wrong!!
Well just claim the overtime from him, if he refuses to pay it and your working it then raise a grievance against him, just follow the cutting off procedure and you will be paid the hour when you work it and as said if not paid then raise a grievancepulling13 wrote:we dont have an overtime book, its got to get reported through the manager, see my problem im having, been tempted with an employment tribunal
-
Creditshampoo
- Posts: 1189
- Joined: 06 Oct 2014, 19:48
- Gender: Male
Re: contracted hours wrong!!
Phone your branch. I would work 1 hour less on one day of the week....I would pick Saturday. If they moan tell them you're contracted 1 hour less than you should be and to sort it out or you will keep doing so.
And claim the 15 hours you're owed ASAP. If management don't pay you it next pay week then email Moyà/Union/ET
And claim the 15 hours you're owed ASAP. If management don't pay you it next pay week then email Moyà/Union/ET