ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Radio Times
-
GT750rider
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 216
- Joined: 25 Nov 2011, 16:57
- Gender: Male
Radio Times
We've had the Radio Times on subscription for some years. It's always been delivered by Royal Mail. Today however it was delivered by a guy in a local newspaper van. No name or address on the sheet of paper with the mag, so the guy has a list of addresses it would seem.
Has RM lost the contract to deliver Radio Times I wonder ?
Has RM lost the contract to deliver Radio Times I wonder ?
-
CAMPINGBLUNDERER
- Posts: 182
- Joined: 08 Feb 2010, 14:37
- Gender: Male
Re: Radio Times
We delivered next weeks RT last week if it helps
-
rainbowwarrior72
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 431
- Joined: 07 Nov 2009, 11:14
- Gender: Male
Re: Radio Times
Maybe it was the local newsagent
-
5plusbonusball
- Posts: 1136
- Joined: 12 Jan 2012, 20:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: up north of watford
Re: Radio Times
reckon someone bought you a surprise subscription from your local shop? last weeks was £4 by the way! should be free for licence payers.
Why are lino's paid full-time ??
-
bustedflush
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1493
- Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Radio Times
Radio Times? I thought it was rebranded the 'Sex Offenders Register' a few years back??
-
borgpicard
- Posts: 486
- Joined: 05 May 2011, 22:45
- Gender: Male
Re: Radio Times
GT750rider wrote:We've had the Radio Times on subscription for some years. It's always been delivered by Royal Mail. Today however it was delivered by a guy in a local newspaper van. No name or address on the sheet of paper with the mag, so the guy has a list of addresses it would seem.
Has RM lost the contract to deliver Radio Times I wonder ?
I take it your legs have stopped working ?, do some exercise and WALK down a shop ?, or if your really lazy, push the information button on your TV remote, hey presto, and guide to whats on for the next seven days.
-
Postie45
- Posts: 2160
- Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
- Gender: Male
Re: Radio Times
why should he do that ?borgpicard wrote:GT750rider wrote:We've had the Radio Times on subscription for some years. It's always been delivered by Royal Mail. Today however it was delivered by a guy in a local newspaper van. No name or address on the sheet of paper with the mag, so the guy has a list of addresses it would seem.
Has RM lost the contract to deliver Radio Times I wonder ?
I take it your legs have stopped working ?, do some exercise and WALK down a shop ?, or if your really lazy, push the information button on your TV remote, hey presto, and guide to whats on for the next seven days.
-
GT750rider
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 216
- Joined: 25 Nov 2011, 16:57
- Gender: Male
Re: Radio Times
No, my legs are in good working order. The fact is we live in a rural location, the nearest shop ( petrol station ) is 5 miles away.borgpicard wrote:GT750rider wrote:We've had the Radio Times on subscription for some years. It's always been delivered by Royal Mail. Today however it was delivered by a guy in a local newspaper van. No name or address on the sheet of paper with the mag, so the guy has a list of addresses it would seem.
Has RM lost the contract to deliver Radio Times I wonder ?
I take it your legs have stopped working ?, do some exercise and WALK down a shop ?, or if your really lazy, push the information button on your TV remote, hey presto, and guide to whats on for the next seven days.
Yes, I could walk that, but I get the Radio Times on subscription via top cashback which saves me around £20.00. Plus I was giving Royal Mail some business. Now it appears RM have lost the contract as my original post said.
I was simply drawing attention to the fact.
I should have asked wether any other Posties have noticed they haven't had the mag on their delivery recently.
-
bluealbert
- Posts: 176
- Joined: 09 Mar 2011, 16:13
- Gender: Male
Re: Radio Times
Still delivering them here mate, rural 
-
GT85
- Posts: 365
- Joined: 26 Nov 2013, 20:02
- Gender: Male
- Location: ASDO
Re: Radio Times
Delivered a few copies of the Radio times today along with huge amounts of JD Williams and Next catalouges
We're all here because we're not all there
-
NewPostieUK
- Posts: 2104
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: SickAsAChipLand
Re: Radio Times
Same here. And the catalogues were put in the packet trolley, so I had to prep them myself. Not fair. My duty is meant to be prepped!GT85 wrote:Delivered a few copies of the Radio times today along with huge amounts of JD Williams and Next catalouges
-
GT750rider
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 216
- Joined: 25 Nov 2011, 16:57
- Gender: Male
Re: Radio Times
Delivered by the newsagent again this week. Looks like my Postie has at least one less item to deliver. Of course, if it goes nationwide, how much revenue is that Royal Mail has lost ?GT750rider wrote:We've had the Radio Times on subscription for some years. It's always been delivered by Royal Mail. Today however it was delivered by a guy in a local newspaper van. No name or address on the sheet of paper with the mag, so the guy has a list of addresses it would seem.
Has RM lost the contract to deliver Radio Times I wonder ?
-
CAMPINGBLUNDERER
- Posts: 182
- Joined: 08 Feb 2010, 14:37
- Gender: Male
Re: Radio Times
Might work in towns , can't see many newsagents driving out to farms etc for pennies , we don't have paper boys ( girls ) in our village.
-
GT750rider
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 216
- Joined: 25 Nov 2011, 16:57
- Gender: Male
Re: Radio Times
I live in a village ! Our nearest shop ( in a petrol station ) is 4 miles away. I can't work it out either.CAMPINGBLUNDERER wrote:Might work in towns , can't see many newsagents driving out to farms etc for pennies , we don't have paper boys ( girls ) in our village.