ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

How would you Deal with this 'issue'

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
19times
Posts: 339
Joined: 11 Aug 2011, 13:36
Gender: Female

How would you Deal with this 'issue'

Post by 19times »

Afternoon all.

I'd like peoples take on this please, bit silly If you ask me but here goes!

Partner pulls me today saying, do you mind putting the door to doors the correct way round as it's really annoying me... I was like what you mean :hmmmm then he says it's really winding me up the animals face being upside down :shock: I was like wtf and starting laughing a bit saying you serious and stuff.

I went on to say I'm sure 99% of people - maybe 99.9%! wouldn't have an issue with it and it's pretty silly to which he says, I couldn't give a fook what they think and it might be a joke to you but it's winding me up!!!

I finished with ok, I'll try to put them the 'correct' way round next time as I don't want the animals winding you up mate to which he said you better shut your mouth in an aggressive manor :shock: I didn't expect that response If I am honest. I told him not to speak to us like that as I felt it was OTT.

I nearly reported it to the DOM but haven't as yet.

What are peoples thoughts? He feels I was 'taking the piss' possibly so but in a light hearted manor however his retort was a bit extreme If you ask me :shock:
buntin
Posts: 100
Joined: 27 Jul 2011, 13:55
Gender: Male

Re: How would you Deal with this 'issue'

Post by buntin »

cant he put his own door to doors in then ?
19times
Posts: 339
Joined: 11 Aug 2011, 13:36
Gender: Female

Re: How would you Deal with this 'issue'

Post by 19times »

buntin wrote:cant he put his own door to doors in then ?
I prep mine - he preps his frame, the ones he has issues with are on my duty - the loops he does. I don't go round to him telling him how to do his job, just baffled me and wanted to know who's in the 'right'
postie1975
Posts: 30
Joined: 25 Oct 2014, 15:51
Gender: Male

Re: How would you Deal with this 'issue'

Post by postie1975 »

sounds like a right idiot :ncfo
buntin
Posts: 100
Joined: 27 Jul 2011, 13:55
Gender: Male

Re: How would you Deal with this 'issue'

Post by buntin »

i see mate , agree with postie1975 he sounds like a right plonker to me.
19times
Posts: 339
Joined: 11 Aug 2011, 13:36
Gender: Female

Re: How would you Deal with this 'issue'

Post by 19times »

Thanks lads, I am not alone then. I just thought at the time is this a wind up over something so stupid, thing is it's led to it becoming a bit tense shall we say hence why I thought I'd better bring it to the DOMS attention.

I have to work with this bloke on a daily basis that's the thing now :sad:
blisterfeet
Posts: 103
Joined: 13 Jun 2012, 18:48
Gender: Male

Re: How would you Deal with this 'issue'

Post by blisterfeet »

Maybe he has OCD, shouldn't really be calling him a plonker without knowing if he has an illness.
19times
Posts: 339
Joined: 11 Aug 2011, 13:36
Gender: Female

Re: How would you Deal with this 'issue'

Post by 19times »

blisterfeet wrote:Maybe he has OCD, shouldn't really be calling him a plonker without knowing if he has an illness.
The Mrs mentioned this to me as well! he could tell me If he has then I'd understand... maybe :crazy:
Surreypostie
Posts: 999
Joined: 04 Aug 2013, 21:05
Gender: Male

Re: How would you Deal with this 'issue'

Post by Surreypostie »

I put mine in with the small one at the front and the larger ones to the back, I do the same with the mail, just makes it easier for me, my partner seems to just chuck it all in anyway. I would prefer it if he did it the same as me but he doesn't, I wouldn't ask him to, I just work it how he does it, not a big enough deal to get upset about if you ask me.
peterg
Posts: 16
Joined: 17 Jan 2008, 15:07

Re: How would you Deal with this 'issue'

Post by peterg »

Perhaps its not so much that "the animals faces are downwards" but that some people prefer a fold in the dtd downwards and some prefer it at the top. Its sometimes quicker to put them in the fitting "fold down" but I personally dont like them that way as stuff can get inbetween making it harder to do our "doorstep check" before delivering.
motherhubbard
Posts: 1001
Joined: 08 Feb 2010, 17:13
Gender: Female
Location: in the cupboard

Re: How would you Deal with this 'issue'

Post by motherhubbard »

What animals?
Some animals, bats for example, prefer to be upside down.
Never let the hand you hold, hold you down.
Hitcher
Posts: 1530
Joined: 20 Sep 2009, 09:59
Gender: Male

Re: How would you Deal with this 'issue'

Post by Hitcher »

If he wants them done in a certain tell him to do them himself.
dave72
Posts: 415
Joined: 30 Nov 2010, 14:54
Gender: Male

Re: How would you Deal with this 'issue'

Post by dave72 »

I would put the first one in the way round he likes and then the rest the way he doesn't like them :thumbup
19times
Posts: 339
Joined: 11 Aug 2011, 13:36
Gender: Female

Re: How would you Deal with this 'issue'

Post by 19times »

motherhubbard wrote:What animals?
Some animals, bats for example, prefer to be upside down.
I think he'd cave your head in... get it :Very Happy I'll get my coat!

I only have one DTD as well and it's a thin no chance of coming open either type which makes it even more :crazy:
wannabeek
Posts: 996
Joined: 27 Apr 2011, 00:49
Gender: Male

Re: How would you Deal with this 'issue'

Post by wannabeek »

Personally, I'd just do it how he wants it. It must really bother him for whatever reason to have made him mention it to you. You've got to work with this guy and it's probably zero extra effort on your part to plonk them on the frame the 'right' way up before you start putting them in. I've worked with a great many fussy types and some arguments are just not worth having, in my opinion.