DO censored to protect the guilty.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Doorstepping at its worst? I mean would ya!
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32794
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Doorstepping at its worst? I mean would ya!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
richiebroon
- Posts: 58
- Joined: 21 Oct 2014, 18:48
- Gender: Male
Re: Doorstepping at its worst? I mean would ya!
Deary me. It's not like its going to take up much room in your bag if you take that back is it??
-
5plusbonusball
- Posts: 1136
- Joined: 12 Jan 2012, 20:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: up north of watford
Re: Doorstepping at its worst? I mean would ya!
some actually make a point of insisting i leave it in their bins, rm have authorised it, when i put something in there, it is the most dirtiest slimiest bin ever! Unless it's authorised, dtn or 739 it, not bin it, thieves are now checking bins for parcels you know, not worth the sack. 
Why are lino's paid full-time ??
-
interesting
- Posts: 217
- Joined: 29 Jun 2012, 19:16
- Gender: Male
Re: Doorstepping at its worst? I mean would ya!
The green bin has to be a no no
-
rambo1
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3266
- Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 20:00
- Gender: Male
Re: Doorstepping at its worst? I mean would ya!
I'm afraid if they put more and more pressure on you to 'get rid first time every time' things like this will happen. Really not worth it, bring it back 739 it, 'discuss ' with manager later if they deem it necessary.
-
Shaders
- Posts: 218
- Joined: 22 Jun 2010, 07:47
- Gender: Male
- Location: Oop North
Re: Doorstepping at its worst? I mean would ya!
Back in the good old days, like a lot of people i used to use my imagination and leave stuff in varios places, but not no more.
I dont leave anything, anywhere FULL STOP, unless it says differently on the address label but even then i take a photo on my phone.
I dont trust them one inch so wont take the risk.
I dont leave anything, anywhere FULL STOP, unless it says differently on the address label but even then i take a photo on my phone.
I dont trust them one inch so wont take the risk.
-
5plusbonusball
- Posts: 1136
- Joined: 12 Jan 2012, 20:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: up north of watford
Re: Doorstepping at its worst? I mean would ya!
I can just see the new ads next year ----claim now for your lost parceletc. --- now the ppi is running out lol.
Why are lino's paid full-time ??
-
jimmynailsalive
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 305
- Joined: 28 Dec 2013, 13:36
- Gender: Male
Re: Doorstepping at its worst? I mean would ya!
Today I came up to a door about 15 feet facing a main road and there was an amazon packet forced 1/3rd of the way into the letterbox, I stuffed the mail into my pouch with the intention of endorsing it "No access" but had a packet for next door and mentioned it too them and they agreed to take it so reached over the fence and gave her it and slipped the mail in. 
-
dave72
- Posts: 415
- Joined: 30 Nov 2010, 14:54
- Gender: Male
Re: Doorstepping at its worst? I mean would ya!
Row of terrace houses, garden path about 3 foot long and then the main st, Amazon courier doorstepping parcelsjimmynailsalive wrote:Today I came up to a door about 15 feet facing a main road and there was an amazon packet forced 1/3rd of the way into the letterbox, I stuffed the mail into my pouch with the intention of endorsing it "No access" but had a packet for next door and mentioned it too them and they agreed to take it so reached over the fence and gave her it and slipped the mail in.
Funny thing is, one was there for 2 days!
-
stan_lers
- Posts: 136
- Joined: 04 Nov 2014, 21:52
- Gender: Male
Re: Doorstepping at its worst? I mean would ya!
Another thing I don't get about Amazon is why they do this with their advice cards too - they always leave them half out the letterbox. If they don't get soaking wet or blow away in the wind first, anyone could walk up and take them, then either call to have the parcel redelivered, or if the driver left it in a safe place they can see where it was left and go and steal it.jimmynailsalive wrote:Today I came up to a door about 15 feet facing a main road and there was an amazon packet forced 1/3rd of the way into the letterbox, I stuffed the mail into my pouch with the intention of endorsing it "No access" but had a packet for next door and mentioned it too them and they agreed to take it so reached over the fence and gave her it and slipped the mail in.
-
ikybear
- Posts: 43
- Joined: 05 Nov 2015, 13:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Doorstepping at its worst? I mean would ya!
If they leave a card at all! Last packet I had from Amazon was left at a neighbour. I only found out when I checked the tracking. And then it didn't say which neighbour!!!