One of the issues taking place in our depot over Xmas....overtime!
It doesn't bother me as I quite like having my days off. It gives me time to relax and a chance to get some early Xmas shopping done. However, in our depot 2 of the guys in our section were arguing and bickering with each other because one of them got the overtime. It amuses me that our lino always likes to appear to be impartial when giving out the overtime when in reality we all know that its the same regular guys who always do the docket regardless on their day/s off!!
Its got that bad that the gaffer asked me if I would like to work my day off and in the space of just 10 minutes of him leaving, one of the brown nosers came up to me and said that if I didn't want it, he would do it!!
Is it like that in your office?
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
re: Overtime for him yes?
-
postslippete
- Posts: 4194
- Joined: 14 Jul 2014, 16:27
- Gender: Male
re: Overtime for him yes?
On the face of it, shareholder value is the dumbest idea in the world.
-
datasaint
- Posts: 1541
- Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 17:19
- Gender: Male
Re: re: Overtime for him yes?
Our city DO has mountains off docket available, but as you'd expect those in the inner echelon get first pick and moan the loudest if they don't get what they want.postslippete wrote: Is it like that in your office?
-
wannabeek
- Posts: 996
- Joined: 27 Apr 2011, 00:49
- Gender: Male
Re: re: Overtime for him yes?
Our office is so alien to yours, it may as well be a different company.
They are utterly desperate here for people to work OT. I have never once in all the years I've worked here known people to squabble over OT, everyone is desperately keen to avoid it!
They are utterly desperate here for people to work OT. I have never once in all the years I've worked here known people to squabble over OT, everyone is desperately keen to avoid it!
-
happymackem
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 304
- Joined: 27 Oct 2009, 19:02
- Gender: Male
- Location: in the land of the mackems
Re: re: Overtime for him yes?
they used to ask me to work my day off i ALWAYS said NO, so they stopped asking me i then complained that i never got asked about over time so they started asking me and i think you can guess the answer 
-
eastie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2234
- Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
- Gender: Male
Re: re: Overtime for him yes?
Same here, nobody wants overtime and the DOM keeps texting us during our round asking or even pleading with us to do overtime.wannabeek wrote:Our office is so alien to yours, it may as well be a different company.
They are utterly desperate here for people to work OT. I have never once in all the years I've worked here known people to squabble over OT, everyone is desperately keen to avoid it!
saying " WE are desperate can you stay out and go over" my reply today to our DOM was " I don't do O/T after shafting me on O/T payments previously" they sh1t on you all year and expect favours at Xmas