ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Extending SA hours for Christmas Period.

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
greatredwine
Posts: 6
Joined: 28 Apr 2010, 21:22
Gender: Female

Extending SA hours for Christmas Period.

Post by greatredwine »

I'm an SA holder for work in the RLE from 15.00 to 18.00. Over the Christmas period the RLE will be open longer. Our office wants us to extend the SA until 20.00. I'm not able to extend as I have prior commitments. My manager suggested they would need to have someone there until 20.00 so they would send me out with parcels/cut offs instead. I'm not overly keen on going out on delivery for these 3 hours. It will be dark and I would be tired after having done my duty. I signed the contract to work in the RLE for 3 hours, not 5 hours and not going out on delivery. Where do I stand?
P.S isn't it in the working directive that you entitled to 11 hours break? Finishing at 20.00 and starting again at 06.45 is 15 minutes short of this.