ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
sabbatical
-
vanman90
- Posts: 147
- Joined: 01 Apr 2014, 21:12
- Gender: Male
Re: sabbatical
A sabbatical is a career break , which is no work or training effectively a unpaid holiday , ask your DOM if he will allow it.
-
mickeymacca
- Posts: 503
- Joined: 21 Jun 2012, 18:03
- Gender: Male
Re: sabbatical
I don't think that would be a problem mate, if you have a good work record and have been employed for 2+ years they should allow it. You do need to give at least 3 months notice as well though, in terms of what you are doing in your sabbatical as long as it is not paid employment I think you are ok, although you don't really need to go into the specifics of what you are doing, if you think you have an awkward manager. Good luck mate.
'Libraries gave us power'
-
bogstandard
- Posts: 1074
- Joined: 08 Nov 2007, 06:16
Re: sabbatical
read this to start with more info may exist, still looking.
http://www.cwu.org/assets/_files/docume ... breaks.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.cwu.org/assets/_files/docume ... breaks.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Confused... You won't be, after the next episode of. SOAP
-
Grahammatthews
- Posts: 12
- Joined: 22 Nov 2015, 19:50
- Gender: Male
Re: sabbatical
Please remember that on a career break you are required to do I think a weeks work
-
mickeymacca
- Posts: 503
- Joined: 21 Jun 2012, 18:03
- Gender: Male
Re: sabbatical
Yeh its a couple of weeks a year I think Graham, I recently returned from a year out and had to do that during the year....Grahammatthews wrote:Please remember that on a career break you are required to do I think a weeks work
'Libraries gave us power'