ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Cat trainers

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Slysi16
Posts: 13
Joined: 03 Apr 2012, 19:28
Gender: Male

Cat trainers

Post by Slysi16 »

Has any posties out there got any new cat trainers size 11 they no longer want as you cannot get them anymore yds and anvil I can't wear so I'm stuffed they make my feet ache as I have wide feet thank you. slysi
bustedflush
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1493
Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:19
Gender: Male

Re: Cat trainers

Post by bustedflush »

I was going to ask the same for size 12. I agree the new ones while waterproof are far too heavy and tight.
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

Re: Cat trainers

Post by arnold cheshire »

Slysi16 wrote:Has any posties out there got any new cat trainers size 11 they no longer want as you cannot get them anymore yds and anvil I can't wear so I'm stuffed they make my feet ache as I have wide feet thank you. slysi
I had anvil size 11 to narrow I had to use old magnum boots which I will be ordering from now on
Eastie16
Posts: 14
Joined: 17 Jun 2011, 01:03
Gender: Female

Re: Cat trainers

Post by Eastie16 »

Can't help with spare pairs, but you could try http://www.shoestationdirect.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; for cheap CATs. They appear to have bought up the remaindered CAT stock from Dimensions. I got a brand new pair for a fiver on their ebay site earlier this year. Were clearly marked as RM surplus. Had previously spent 6 months trying to break in some YDS trainers. So heavy! Caused bad shin pain, so gave up before I developed shin splints. Is daft that we have to wait to get some ailment requiring a Dr's note before we can get the dosh to buy a pair of shoes which suit us. As long as DOM sees the shoes and receipt, that should be enough to get the money.
korky
Posts: 797
Joined: 30 Dec 2007, 09:28

Re: Cat trainers

Post by korky »

have you tried ordering them online?
anvil and yds cripple me too so added the cat trainers to the order even though they were out of stock,
3 days later they arrived at my d/o
worth a try
PHARRY
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 327
Joined: 04 Nov 2013, 17:56
Gender: Male

Re: Cat trainers

Post by PHARRY »

Which moggy are you training?
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Cat trainers

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

PHARRY wrote:Which moggy are you training?
jess

Image
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
5plusbonusball
Posts: 1136
Joined: 12 Jan 2012, 20:50
Gender: Male
Location: up north of watford

Re: Cat trainers

Post by 5plusbonusball »

get a size too big in the yds for more comfort. :wink:
Why are lino's paid full-time ??
bustedflush
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1493
Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:19
Gender: Male

Re: Cat trainers

Post by bustedflush »

Eastie16 wrote:Can't help with spare pairs, but you could try http://www.shoestationdirect.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; for cheap CATs. They appear to have bought up the remaindered CAT stock from Dimensions. I got a brand new pair for a fiver on their ebay site earlier this year. Were clearly marked as RM surplus. Had previously spent 6 months trying to break in some YDS trainers. So heavy! Caused bad shin pain, so gave up before I developed shin splints. Is daft that we have to wait to get some ailment requiring a Dr's note before we can get the dosh to buy a pair of shoes which suit us. As long as DOM sees the shoes and receipt, that should be enough to get the money.
none on eBay of any sizes though. The link you have is OK but there is a problem in that unlike other trainers there doesn't seem to be a size option on the page!